• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Spawning - interesting implication

One thing they said in the Gamescom demo was that you wouldnt' be spawning RIGHT next to the squad leader out of thin air. I was relieved to hear this, because I always found it kind of a buzz kill in BF2 when I see a guy running through the street, then 3 dudes appear right around him randomly.

So I'm glad this isn't exactly how it's working in RO:HOS, but that begs the question: How are they doing it exactly? How does the game know where to spawn people so that they're not right out in the open next to the squad leader?

Upvote 0
One thing they said in the Gamescom demo was that you wouldnt' be spawning RIGHT next to the squad leader out of thin air. I was relieved to hear this, because I always found it kind of a buzz kill in BF2 when I see a guy running through the street, then 3 dudes appear right around him randomly.

So I'm glad this isn't exactly how it's working in RO:HOS, but that begs the question: How are they doing it exactly? How does the game know where to spawn people so that they're not right out in the open next to the squad leader?

Maybe they have some spawn zones on the map, which are not accessible by players that are alive, and the game choses the spawn which is closer to the squad leader?

Upvote 0
Alot of what has gone into heroes was based directly on community feedback and suggestions from Ostfront.

Haha agreed Mormegil. This is why I loved this latest Gamescom demonstration so very much. Sooo many things we've been asking for over the years just suddenly appeared in action and it was quite a pleasant surprise. Thanks for listening.

Upvote 0