• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map KF-Cubic Beta 1

Well here we go again~
Continuing in the more claustrophobic feel of a space station or underground facility, I've made this little lovely, please download it and take a look!
Filename: KF-CubicBeta2
Filesize: 4.61mb
Mapname: KF-CubicBeta1
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?g7wkdw8ex4477r6

And for bonus lolz, screenshots!
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

And bonus points for the first person killed by the environmental hazard! :D (It isn't falling, failing, flailing, zeds or teammates -.-)

BETA 2 OUT!(It will still say beta one in game I think, but it should be quite apparent, which is which :p)

Last edited:
I just played this on single player and it seems to be a nice map. Very simple, can imagine it being very difficult with 6 players on suicidal though.

Btw is the environmental hazard the fire being shot out of the pipe? I ran up to it and it took 40 hp away until I had 20 then it made my game crash with a critical error. Tested twice and same thing happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
The screen shot with you standing on that, cage flooring thing?

i imagine a bit of specimen pathing issues there, il download and return with feedback momentarily

EDIT: You can get stuck in the trader rooms, and the map seems a bit jittery, you should turn collision off on all the flourescent light tubes and everything else that you cant reach/touch + dont need to touch, like that graffiti, turn collision off on it

the pathing was fine on those cage floor bits though, although alternatively, you could turn collision off on all those and add a bsp(?) on top of them and turn it invisible so you cant notice a difference, should improve performance i think

PS: do some zoning, theres a tutorial on how to do that on that angelmapper site, its quick and simple

although im sure murphy or falidell will chime in with a way better suggestion soon lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

i imagine a bit of specimen pathing issues there, il download and return with feedback momentarily

EDIT: You can get stuck in the trader rooms, and the map seems a bit jittery, you should turn collision off on all the flourescent light tubes and everything else that you cant reach/touch + dont need to touch, like that graffiti, turn collision off on it

the pathing was fine on those cage floor bits though, although alternatively, you could turn collision off on all those and add a bsp(?) on top of them and turn it invisible so you cant notice a difference, should improve performance i think

PS: do some zoning, theres a tutorial on how to do that on that angelmapper site, its quick and simple

although im sure murphy or falidell will chime in with a way better suggestion soon lol

Mhm, I haven't gotten around to zoning it properly, it is partially zoned.

The trader issue is one I know about, I need to move the doors back further (which also would increase the accuracy of the glowing red ball).

I have no thoughts on why it crash the map :p Perhaps you're not suppose to play in lava? Will look into fixing it though.

Upvote 0

although im sure murphy or Fel will chime in with a way better suggestion soon lol

fix'd ;)

Upvote 0
The fire out of the pipe damage type in this map is lava damage or Something like that. :p
Change the damage type to something else, because KF models do not have a "Skeleton Model" to transform into after being burnt by lava. I suggest you change it to DamTypeFlamethrower

Ah, that would explain that. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Just a tip: hold down CTRL and select all the textures that are not aligned(You can see the seams on the walls) then right click when they are selected and there should be an option to align the on the bottom of the pop up box. This will make all the textures line up to each other so you won't have those seams. ;)

Cool thanks! Currently fighting a computer virus or three (or five, I swear these things like screwing my life up), but this is my second map so I'm still working all the details lime this out (took a peak at a map of Fels saw how he does skyboxes and it just was wowing). Anyways as my anti virus software chugs away, i thank you for this new tidbit of info! I will have to try it next opportunity!

Upvote 0
Cool thanks! Currently fighting a computer virus or three (or five, I swear these things like screwing my life up), but this is my second map so I'm still working all the details lime this out (took a peak at a map of Fels saw how he does skyboxes and it just was wowing). Anyways as my anti virus software chugs away, i thank you for this new tidbit of info! I will have to try it next opportunity!

Do you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
If not download that it's free and really good for getting that kind of things off a computer.

Upvote 0
Do you have Malwarebytes Anti-Malware?
If not download that it's free and really good for getting that kind of things off a computer.

Thanks but I spent several years as a computer intern cleaning and fixing computers. Amazingly when I finished cleaning this one, it only had one computer virus :p

Now on to fixing this map! :D

Upvote 0
Just a tip: hold down CTRL and select all the textures that are not aligned(You can see the seams on the walls) then right click when they are selected and there should be an option to align the on the bottom of the pop up box. This will make all the textures line up to each other so you won't have those seams. ;)

That helped somewhat, however because of the way I made this map (I was bored) it is a series of 256 cubes duplicated and put next to each other. However that is not my final texture so it's all good :p

yoyobatty said:
How about Burned instead of flamers so firebugs can also die by it too >:p

Using Class"Gameplay.Flamethrower" for the moment. Logic and reasoning are that is it a flaming jet of high pressure gas, since you are immune to a flaming jet of jellie, you'd probably be immune to this as well. Also tweaked it a bit so it should shove you out of the flame if you jump into it.

SMIFF said:
You can get stuck in the trader rooms, and the map seems a bit jittery, you should turn collision off on all the flourescent light tubes and everything else that you cant reach/touch + dont need to touch, like that graffiti, turn collision off on it

Was talking to Fel and he let me crack open a map he's trashing (which was amazing but oh well :p), poked around and learned some interesting techniques just by looking. But yes, the map is better zoned and collision is off on things you can't touch :p Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for all the advice people, it's really helpful! Have a few more things to add and fix, then I'll slap up Beta 2

Upvote 0
Using Class"Gameplay.Flamethrower" for the moment. Logic and reasoning are that is it a flaming jet of high pressure gas, since you are immune to a flaming jet of jellie, you'd probably be immune to this as well. Also tweaked it a bit so it should shove you out of the flame if you jump into it.

I believe that is KFMod.FlameThrower. Do you mean the flaming jet of jelly as those plasma jets seen in Horzine Headquarters?

Upvote 0