• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a plan to bring HOS to console?

002.jpg

I don't know if it means anything, but that looks like a 360 controller to me...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Im sorry, but the popular games for consoles COD and Halo. Kids are the main demographic of console players, I could see them trying it and getting owned by one bullet or complaining they have to use the hard iron sights and returning it. There are more players in BC2 for PC than console, and that is barely realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't see the problem in creating a separate, console-friendly version of the game that has nothing to do with the PC version.

but why? the point of hos is that it is refreshingly realistic. if you want to bring this kind of realism to console, it'll be a waste of time and energy for little gain because there simply is no market for this kind of game on the console. and if you were to dumb it down, then why bother? there's already a bunch of run and gun games on consoles.

Upvote 0
but why? the point of hos is that it is refreshingly realistic. if you want to bring this kind of realism to console, it'll be a waste of time and energy for little gain because there simply is no market for this kind of game on the console. and if you were to dumb it down, then why bother? there's already a bunch of run and gun games on consoles.

Good point. I'd like to redirect this question to anyone with fears that TWI is planning to make HoS a console game.

Upvote 0

There is a market on the consoles. Just read the forums and the comments on BC2 title. Every single "kid", as you call it, is proud that he plays a more realistic game than COD (even though BC2 is not a single bit more realistic than COD)

Upvote 0
The problem is how do you get the game working on console without either dumbing down important factors which have been part of the game since semi-early mod days? How do you get freeaim to work on gamepad without real 'issues' for example?

Personally, I have no freaking idea how people play fps games on gamepads, but I believe free-aim won't be any different. If you move the stick far to the right, you'll turn around, if you move it just a bit - you'll just move the gun.
If you're referring to the number of buttons, I suggested that earlier, they could use the "shift" buttons (don't know how they're called, the trigger ones) to act like "shift" buttons, so while you're holding'em, the rest of the buttons have a different set of functions.

Upvote 0