• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Hey. I don't know if anyone has said anything about this because I didn't want to read all the pages. :eek:

But What are these "Elite" Riflemen and Assault classes?

eliteclasses.jpg

Upvote 0
I gues Ramm was playing back then, he noticed the dot, turned around but could not find the enemy, turned back, saw the dot again and turned once again to look for the enemy.
That's a bit weird that you could notice smth in your peripheral vision but not when you're looking right at it.

Often how your eyes work though. Many a time I have been out walking and never noticed someone ahead of me until I looked at something to the side and my peripheral vision picked up the movement of the person ahead of me, at which point you see them head on too :)

Upvote 0
Nice, a presentation in Dutch. I guess there were enough Dutchies there to warrant a presentation in Dutch.

Who is the guy doing the presentation, Sasquatch? Does he still work for you guys?
snip

Hell yeah, I'm still here - proud member of the TWI gang. I was doing this presentation for dutchies that came to visit us - and sorry about the english-ish terms every now and then - it's surprisingly hard to find proper dutch words sometimes when you work and think in english when working on the game lol.

Upvote 0
Hell yeah, I'm still here - proud member of the TWI gang. I was doing this presentation for dutchies that came to visit us - and sorry about the english-ish terms every now and then - it's surprisingly hard to find proper dutch words sometimes when you work and think in english when working on the game lol.
True, I can understand that.
The Dutch dont value their language that much, contrary with the Germans, so it's no biggie so to say.

Upvote 0

Hi! Long time no see...

It gets to the point where your adopted language comes more instinctively than your native language.
I have to start looking for my words if someone phones me by surprise from England.
To make things worse, if you start dreaming in a foreign language, then you know you are 'cooked'.

Living, dreaming and shyting French for twenty years :eek: myself.
GG.

Upvote 0
Regarding the recon-plane feature:

I wonder if the recon-plane will also be able to spot snipers when they are somewhere in the open field (not covered by a building) ? I think it would not be that realistic and also could be some kind of spoiler for the gameplay, since snipers benefit from their camouflage. That is at least, as long as the sniper is not running around of course.

Maybe it could be programmed that a sniper does not get spotted by the recon-plane if he does not move (or fires) while the plane is flying over ?

Or maybe we could even extend this idea to all infantry and make them 'unspottable' as long as they don't fire their weapon and are keeping still while the plane is there. Of course, none of the soldiers would know if they are spotted or not, but at least they have to chose to keep quiet or proceed fighting as long as the plane is there. This could also trigger situations in which soldiers are forced to react (finding cover for example) and get spotted in the process. Soldiers could also chose to fire at the plane (to take it down) and get spotted or stay put and let the plane proceed, keeping themselves

Upvote 0
I thought it was quite enjoyable to watch. You are a pretty good public speaker I reckon.

Upvote 0
Or on the other side of something...

That's pretty awesome. Determining if the plane spotters can see a subject or are occluded seems pretty similar to bullet hit detection, except without travel time or photon drop (hitscan), unless of course you guys are modeling light moving at 300,000 km/s...

And talking about tanks, can't wait to take out one of those planes with an HE round.

Upvote 0