• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game startup failure

Roobmeister

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 22, 2010
I'm having some problems with my copy of Killing Floor. Whenever I try to start the game up, my screen basically turns on and off. I actually only got a failure report the first time it happened.

My system is running Windows 7, ATI graphics card and AMD processor. I bought my copy of the game on Steam. Don't really know how to duplicate the problem, since I don't really know what's causing it. Anyone have any clue what it could be?

Attachments

• KillingFloor.log
    6.6 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    39 KB · Views: 0
This is caused by the resolution being wrong for you screen. You can sort this out one of two ways. The first is to load the game and press alt and enter together to switch it into windowed mode, which should stop it flickering, then go into the resolution settings and change it to be correct, and then toggle it back into fullscreen.

The second is to edit the killingfloor.ini file found by default in the c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system folder. Find the following lines:

Code:
[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1280
WindowedViewportY=1024
FullscreenViewportX=1280
FullscreenViewportY=1024
and change them to be correct for your resolution.

Upvote 0