• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescon 2010 HEROES videos

Since when does criticism make you a kid? Very rarely is anyone being outright insulting in this thread, in fact its quite the opposite, which makes it even more surprising that one of the only people with such an immature name-calling post is from the expansion Dev team.

You are ignoring the fact that the large majority of fans have posted an overwhelmingly positive response to this footage but some say one or two negative things and are suddenly "nitpicking kids"... Criticism is good. Feedback, even negative, will help devs get a feel for what the fanbase is thinking.

What a cop-out. Instead of joining in a meaningful intelligent conversation on the topics in the thread, you again needlessly attempt to belittle those with legitimate concerns. If anything you should be happy that the fans take this much care about the future or RO. Instead you're promoting an atmosphere that everyone in here regards with so much hate: that of brainless CoD players who do nothing but accept what the devs give them with absolute zeal.

Bottomline (again): FANS LOVE WHAT THEY SEE...but some would still like to give feedback on certain features that are felt to be questionable at this point in time.

Man, Kaner, please stop posting in this thread, you're making way too much sense. :D Criticism is GOOD.

Gotta agree with your comments about the recon plane and HUD, although the recon plane COULD play out well... we'll see. Personally, I think the recon plane should only be able to spot tanks. Would be more realistic. If a pilot has radio contact with a platoon leader I doubt he'd report infantry positions because... well, there are so many of them anyway and if he's flying out of machine gun range he might not even be able to see the brown or green uniforms.

As for the HUD, I agree that it's too colourful. It should be more classy and use serif fonts. Miro posted a loading screen a while ago, it should be more like that IMO. The HUD and UI can definitely look a lot better.

Most of the game looks great.

Reactions: Amerikaner
Upvote 0
i have to say, the whole fonts and positioning of them does remind me to when they first introduced weapon getting shot out of your hands. Although that was worse. I would like a smaller and less obstructive font and location of them to be honest.

Also remember tea shot out of hands anyone? Does anyone still have the pics? :D

Upvote 0
So is this all we got out of gamescon? Not complaining, it looks awesome, just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

looks like everything so far......possibly something tomorrow (sunday) to wrap things up, or early in the week after the writers all recover from their hangovers.

although this is about the right amount of info i expected from this event. they've gotta save more for the other 3 events they've got planned. we'll start to see more important info immerge over the next couple months :)

Reactions: NoxNoctum
Upvote 0
Videos are awesome :D Not really anything to say apart from that, I'm sure they'll get the quirks out soon enough.

Wish there would be airstrikes as well as the new arty types, where you can see (and hear!) the Stuka or IL-2 going in and dropping bombs.

Adjusting range, there should be some kind of animation for it just imo and maybe take longer time.

Upvote 0
So is this all we got out of gamescon? Not complaining, it looks awesome, just wanna make sure I'm not missing out on anything.

Well, I know that RockPaperShotgun still has to turn their little write-ups into proper previews, so I think you'll see a couple of new previews in the next couple of days. Possibly a couple of screenshots.

I'm not expecting entirely new info though.

Upvote 0