• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"peeking" while prone

spe3dyg

Oct 26, 2009
Although it's not that important I have always wanted something were you could just slightly lift your guys head off the ground to see over obstacle immediately in front of you while prone.
For example many times while playing DH I have ran and hid behind dead cows until an MG stops firing but the only way i can try to spot him is by slowly crawling to the side of my cover exposing myself. What it should let you do is "peek" over the cover while not allowing you to use your gun while doing it and as for how to activate this why not pressing both lean keys at once? Ideas?

Not a bad idea at all. The problem is, this game has bullet penetration. Therefore, if you were prone behind a cow to hide from an mg, the bullets would rip through it and kill you.

True, but why are you assuming there will always be someone who is shooting at you? Sure the cow won't provide any real cover, but it doesn't matter if the enemy doesn't know you are there. A peeking option would be nice.

Reactions: LemoN
Upvote 0
Although it's not that important I have always wanted something were you could just slightly lift your guys head off the ground to see over obstacle immediately in front of you while prone.
For example many times while playing DH I have ran and hid behind dead cows until an MG stops firing but the only way i can try to spot him is by slowly crawling to the side of my cover exposing myself. What it should let you do is "peek" over the cover while not allowing you to use your gun while doing it and as for how to activate this why not pressing both lean keys at once? Ideas?

I like this suggestion very much !
It would raise the difficulty which is great. It would also produce more cat&mouse situations between opposite 2 soldiers. And last but not least, it is another step towards realism.

Upvote 0