• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we get rid of that UAV and radar?

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
1st of all new material and features presented at GamesCom looks amazing but c'mon Tripwire, scout planes and radar? It is absolutely not in your style.

From that what we could noticed in videos, new commander role looks like commander from Battlefield 2 - modern fps shooter. 60 years ago Wehrmacht and Soviet Army didn't have such things like UAV or GPS. Now we have them in Red Orchestra game by Tripwire Interactive...

With all respect to You and your work, but new RO goes to much in console fps area. I could swallow bandaging and advanced HUD on demand but that's bit to much.

I know that you have in plans 2 game modes: relaxed realism and normal RO, but it just split community into two which is always bad move. Also I guess clanwars in normal RO gamemode won't be as popular as arcade counterpart if there will be an option to chose.

It would work much better if relaxed realism would be limited to tutorial stage and single player campaign only.

Please TWI do not forget about your real fans. Game doesn't has to be arcade to sell out well.

Lol..

Surely choice is the key here and allowing new gamers to experience the game in a softer, easier mode will only draw them into wanting to eventually play a more challenging version?

It seems to me some people just want this game to be a complete copy of the original RO but with better graphics!!

It's just my opinion of course but in order to grow all things must be allowed to evolve and change or they simply stagnate.

Upvote 0
Surely choice is the key here and allowing new gamers to experience the game in a softer, easier mode will only draw them into wanting to eventually play a more challenging version?

the key is that features like this plus all the "stats, ranks and medals" will bring wrong people to this game, i don't want to play ro i like on some 5 "hardcore" servers while all other servers are on this default casual mode

Upvote 0
the key is that features like this plus all the "stats, ranks and medals" will bring wrong people to this game, i don't want to play ro i like on some 5 "hardcore" servers while all other servers are on this default casual mode

I think you'll find that stat may well be other way around..And there is no "default mode" the choice of how the server will be set up and with what features will be down to those Clans who will be running the vast majority of the communities servers.

Most recognised RO Clans will most likely run a realism server and maybe a smaller normal mode server to encourage new gamers and new membership.

Can we really class all new players as the "wrong people" simply because they want to start off with an easier less challenging game until they can decide if they like the game or not.
If they want to move up a level or simply play in a less challenging atmoshpere the choice will always be there for them.

Upvote 0
I don't see the problem with it?

It lends some cohesion to public games, because incase you haven't tried playing RO on a 50 player server there is no to little communication between players on enemy positions or even awareness of where the enemy is. RO players are not more or less aware then people who play CS/MW2 etc, I've seen entire spawn waves get mowed down like lemmings by one mg at the end of a hallway. Someway to communicate without having to use a mic is kind of neccasarry.

Upvote 0
Radar - scout plane b/c it works like radar on your presentation, not like a real recon unit. It would be better if commander would get only delayed information about sectors, where is located enemy tank or group of enemies. Otherwise it just works like radar from Battlefield games. I guess that your scout plane can spot enemies inside buildings or hidden behind obstacles too.

GPS - bottom right corner minimap with objectives, spotted enemies etc

@Schnedzekk, of course i know those will be optional, but I bet that relaxed realism mode will be as server default option?

I'm afraid that over 80% of servers will be relaxed realism servers and most of players won't switch to RO mode only b/c they are to lazy and get used to such easy console games like MW2.

Last edited:
Reactions: -[SiN]-bswearer
Upvote 0

The thing is, the ballistics don't change at all in the casual mode. People still die in one shot, you still can't sprint forever, you still aren't an ubersoldaten. Therefore, the majority of the crowd you're worried about will try the game, write it off as "too hard, not fun bull****" and leave. The core game mechanics prevent this from being a game friendly to really casual gamers, ala the majority of the CoD crowd. It's not like relaxed realism = CoD and hardcore = original RO. No, both = original RO in terms of how the player is represented and how he dishes out damage/receives it, but one has more visual aids. That's all.

Thinking about it though, bandages are probably more arcadey in relaxed realism. Considering, however, that you still die from a shot to the anywhere that isn't a limb or hand/foot, basically, no worries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Otherwise it just works like radar from Battlefield games.
It might work like the UAV in 2142 but the radar is something different in BF (in 2142 at least);)

GPS - bottom right corner minimap with objectives, spotted enemies etc
Didn't TWI people say several times that it only shows your teammates?

Upvote 0