• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Starcraft II

Haha don't worry man you'll get better. I feel your pain. I lost all but one of my placement matches but worked my way up to gold in about a week, then got demoted to silver when I got my *** handed to me. Now I seem to be in a much harder silver league (either that or everyone's gotten better) so I'm gonna have to really bring it to move up. I wanna get to plat at least.

Just go to sc2armory.com they've got all the units listed there with their abilities, damage, health, armor, etc. Very helpful

As for stealth units, yes you need to have detectors at every key point in your base and DEFINITELY with your army). The detectors in the game are (someone posted this for me when I asked so I'm posting it for you):

Zerg -
1. Spore crawler
2. Overseer
3. You can use infestors to reveal invisible units with fungal growth.

Protoss -
1. Photon Cannon
2. Observer

Terran -
1. Missile Turret
2. Scanner
3. Raven
4. You can use ghosts to reveal invisible units with EMP.

Watch a couple "pro" replays to get some ideas. Just ask on the forums who to look up.

Basically you have to play very very fast and be aggressive. Gameplay in the campaign is totally different from MP (campaign most missions, I at least was turtling up till I had a huge army and wiped the map clean) If you turtle in MP you're probably going to get ****ed, especially if you're playing Zerg (well no, DEFINITELY in that case). Harass your opponent, and scout CONSTANTLY so you know what he's up to. (even if that means sacrificing some units) and expand when the time is right.

Don't fall into the trap of thinking "just a few more units then I'll go". That game Ziggy posted... ONE zergling won the entire game.

And pick your battles... try to always be at the advantage in fights... use distractions etc. The options are limitless.

And if the dude's base is heavily defended, either drop in from behind on his mineral line, or just let him waste resources on immobile defenses while you take over the entire map.

A good 50% (or more?) of games are over in less than 15-20 minutes so keep that in mind... I'm talking 1vs1 here (all I play)

Thanks that's some good info in your post. I think one of my problems is I watched a single pro basic opener video and based my whole strategy off that. It worked in copper league in the beta but now it is nowhere near versatile enough. Gotta do some more studying.

Upvote 0
Bloody hell I actually was going to buy this the other night, I have a guest pass version installed. So I go to Battlenet figuring it will be like ~$60 to purchase it online and activate my copy. However they wan't $89.95 which is the RRP for a boxed version here, they want this much for a downloaded version without a box or manual, what a crock of ****.

I'm not going to purchase it at all now.

Upvote 0
Bloody hell I actually was going to buy this the other night, I have a guest pass version installed. So I go to Battlenet figuring it will be like ~$60 to purchase it online and activate my copy. However they wan't $89.95 which is the RRP for a boxed version here, they want this much for a downloaded version without a box or manual, what a crock of ****.

I'm not going to purchase it at all now.

Do you generally pay less for digital distribution in other games down there?

Upvote 0
Well aren't Aussie dollars worth less than American dollars?... I mean it should be the same cost...

EDIT: Nvm just checked it out at xe.com. You're paying the equivalent of 80 USD, which is definitely really high.

However, I still think it's worth it, as long as you have a decent job that pays well :) This really is one of the "greats" as I think I've spewed on enough already in this thread. I admit, I'm a total fanboy, just as everyone in here is a TWI fanboy. But it's for good reason, they both deliver the goods.

But ya maybe order it from Amazon or something. The shipping might be steep but it'll still probably be cheaper. Sometimes they give free shipping deals and stuff. I believe they have (or at least had, I took advantage of it), a deal where you could try out some "premium buyer" thing or something like that. Basically you got free shipping on everything. Maybe sign up for it just for this purchase and buy the game for 25 AUD less, then cancel after the trial period (30 days I believe) is over?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This game pisses me off more than any other in ****ing existence. I haven't beat Protoss a single time. As soon as i complete my first barracks toss players always already have 3 soldiers raping my base, each of which is about 5 times as powerful as a single marine. I don't understand how its even possible to get that many units that ****ing fast. My record sucks. Its still amazing to me how every player who is supposed to be equal to my skill level destroys me.

Upvote 0
This game pisses me off more than any other in ****ing existence. I haven't beat Protoss a single time. As soon as i complete my first barracks toss players always already have 3 soldiers raping my base, each of which is about 5 times as powerful as a single marine. I don't understand how its even possible to get that many units that ****ing fast. My record sucks. Its still amazing to me how every player who is supposed to be equal to my skill level destroys me.
From what I've seen of my flatmate playing with Terran in diamond league you pretty much have to be really defensive at the start. He uses a barracks and supply depot to cut off the entrance to his base while he builds marines and the bigger armored dudes with the concussion guns (forget their name). He reckons there's no way to rush with Terrans at all.

Upvote 0

Ya, first rule of Terran is wall off your entrance with a Barracks and supply depots, or some people use two barracks. Make sure there are no gaps!

Since both zealots and zerglings are melee, you can just kill him easily with just a few marines. Though if he has a brain he'll run away. Honestly Terran are slightly OP right now atm (especially against Zerg), so should be destroying others ;).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah I've been using that strategy for awhile. Wall off, pump out marauders and standard marines. Then I inevitably lose lol. Those troops cant stand up against basically any Protoss unit in my experience. Against Zerg and Terran I have a better chance.

If your fighting protoss gateway units add a ghost to your marine/marauder mix. EMP wipes out their shields, basically half healthing them making them easy for your m/m to clean up.

Upvote 0
I'd try this game, but I never really was into SC and it scares me to think that there are people who treat this so seriously :(

I feel like a facken casual.

On the other hand, what has become of games and gamers. What once may have been the pursuit of happiness seem to have turned into ice-cold ruthless competition.
Gee, I herd thars liek $$$ to be had. Shucks, monay runez avrythang. :(

Upvote 0
I'd try this game, but I never really was into SC and it scares me to think that there are people who treat this so seriously :(

I feel like a facken casual.

On the other hand, what has become of games and gamers. What once may have been the pursuit of happiness seem to have turned into ice-cold ruthless competition.
Gee, I herd thars liek $$$ to be had. Shucks, monay runez avrythang. :(

Believe it or not some people enjoy competitive gaming without needed incentive. That's why ROladder exists. But in RO you don't have to play against a clan that practices 6 days a week if you don't want to, just like in starcraft you never have to leave the bronze league.

Upvote 0
I don't have to believe it. I know it, I've been there. It's just that it's somewhat scary (to me).

And if I don't leave the bronze league - won't I be called names? Just because most other people asume that if I am not working on my e-peen, I am somehow inferior? I know I've certainly seen that already, coming from young, old, all sorts of people, different kinds of games.
So, better not to be a casual at all. It's all or nuthin', ain't that the truf.

Upvote 0
The Protoss really suck against air units. It's my worst fear that every mid TvP game Terran might try going Battlecruisers+Vikings. That is the ultimate combo, far worse than MMM.

So let's see what I've got: Phoenix is just a waste of money(Mutas and Vikings rape them), and Carrier is so weak that it only lasts a few seconds against Vikings. Not to mention that Vikings have a longer range than Carriers and can kite them indefinitely.

That leaves Stalkers as the main anti-air and with only 14 damage they only leave dents against Battlecruiser's +3 armor. If the Terran has a decent ground army as well, they get decimated. High Templars may be effective at softening them down, but their range is so low that they mostly get sniped before being able to cast.

There were Scouts in the first SC and they were effective Air unit killers. Why did Blizzard have to nerf Protoss air to oblivion?

/end of rant

Upvote 0