• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Possible Firebug weapon

Yomommassis

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 24, 2009
Palmdale, CA USA
Costs $5 at walmart, why not right

spray1.png

spray.png

Last edited:
Oh you, I was thinking of writing a concept up for lighter+bug spray, possibly making a texture for it, then asking for someone to model and code it.

Basically the normal fire does the usual short ranged fire burst you'd expect and altfire makes you rip the cap off, ignite it and throwing the can which spins in a flaming whirl, burning everything indiscriminately for a few seconds, depending how much ammo was left in the can.
That way it would fulfill the same role as molotov cocktails, setting up a "firewall", while not being restricted to that use alone.

The weight would be 1, same damage as the flamer but very short afterburn and you won't ignite yourself like with a flamer (so firebugs have something for enemies that are up close. Like those damn bugs) so this would be an option to fill up the last block.

Also yes, do want.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's this? My dream is coming true???

I can actually see this as a tier 1 weapon, shooting a small, thin line of fire that can light maybe 2 specimens on fire at once. Maybe costing about around 100 DOSHH, or something similiar to the machete. Perhaps replacing the Firebugs 9mm?

..Maybe not that last idea :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Add this if you please, but I think I'll stick with the flamethrower. It'll have more power and range, leaving the rest of the Firebugs to rot :p
I think the idea is to have a starting weapon that you can buy at regular price and keep along with your regular weapons, so you can level up the firebug perk without necessarily playing a dedicated FB.

With that in mind, I approve wholeheartedly.

Reactions: Uk1t4k3
Upvote 0
I think the idea is to have a starting weapon that you can buy at regular price and keep along with your regular weapons, so you can level up the firebug perk without necessarily playing a dedicated FB.
What, to hell with that. For me, it's the complete opposite. I'd use it if I were using another perk, simply because it doesn't weigh too much ad would be a decent backup weapon. Then again, you'd be taking one assload of fire damage from it that way, which would again, put me off.

Upvote 0
What, to hell with that. For me, it's the complete opposite. I'd use it if I were using another perk, simply because it doesn't weigh too much ad would be a decent backup weapon. Then again, you'd be taking one assload of fire damage from it that way, which would again, put me off.
...I think we're talking about the exact same scenario here in different words.

Upvote 0