• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Are there any online FPS alternatives to MoH / Black Ops this Fall?

I already know for sure that I'm not going to buy MoH(due to lack of weaponry + DICE can suck my balls because of their BC2 support fail + they got the ironsights wrong of 80% of all weapons) and if Black Ops will be too similar to MW2 instead of old CoDs/WaW I ain't gonna buy that one either. Actually a WW2 game(for example) would really fit nicely and would surely sell enough copies because all the people who are tired of modern warfare already would buy that.

Upvote 0
What makes me shudder is not how many people are impressed by that trailer(on GTTV etc.), that would still be partly up to personal taste, but how few of the CoD croud realize that this is looking just like MW2(though it might not in the end play the same). If the games were all awesome and different enough then I wouldn't care if every cod sold 20million units, but seeing how those people are willing to buy one title after another without even realizing something as obvious as this and without thinking at all is frightening.

Upvote 0
Because, kids will buy every new cod, so long as least one good is epicly Overpowered.
They are clearly making it easier, in MW, using smoke in S&D was an extremely good TACTIC for evading snipers.
Now in MW2, throw smoke (If anyone even uses it), and all the snipers have thermal scopes, which also increase accuracy.

That's why TWI is here, to make a good game without bothering about who buys it.

Upvote 0
Dedicated servers are one. The way you join servers is another (generally takes forever). Throw onto the HORRIBLE perks that just set up abuse.

Thought tubing was bad? Now imagine replenishable tubes. Same goes with Claymores. Now, after you've abused the **** out of those you've got retarded killstreaks that take little to no skill to operate that wrack up even MORE kills for MORE retarded killstreaks.

Upvote 0
I was wondering, since many people here probably didn't actually play MW2 MP yet always call it crap(myself included), what is it that makes MW2 worse than MW1 gameplay-wise?(not talking about features like 18players only / no ded. servers)

I hate this game because of the thermal scopes, perks, the ability to run with a 50.cal sniper, hitboxs (3 bullets in the head wont kill someone but a knife in your foot will kill you), some weapons dont even have recoil (ACR), the airstrikes, heart-beat sensors :mad: and how can i forget the noobtubes!

I havent played COD4, but COD6 is like a whole campfest where everyone is trying to get a nuke :(

ACR (skip to 1 min). Notice how fast the guy is reloading :(
YouTube - ‪Modern Warfare 2: ACR & Tar 21 Gameplay - Sandy Ravage‬‎

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh of course. Shotguns are also secondaries, so you can carry two shotguns (or dual G18's are also broken). That means you can carry an Assault Rifle/LMG, a Javelin Launcher, two shotguns, a special nade, and a grenade while sprinting top speed.

Still not enough hilarity? I've successfully won far too many games using ONLY a knife. Lightweight, Marathon pro, Commando pro, some stuns, and a pistol with a tactical knife. You run riduclously fast, have a fast knife, and can stab someone from a few meters away. Just take wide flanks, get like 5 people in a group. See someone up ahead that is facing your general direction? Stun him, circle wide and stab him in the kidney.

Upvote 0
I was wondering, since many people here probably didn't actually play MW2 MP yet always call it crap(myself included), what is it that makes MW2 worse than MW1 gameplay-wise?(not talking about features like 18players only / no ded. servers)

For me it was the killstreaks and ridiculous weapons and perks.

Everyone has zero recoil railguns and magnetized combat knives.

Upvote 0