• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

Anyone noticed the relation between all of them?

First SP mission, screen always fades out from black, and you hold you're most generic weapon, usually an M4 in the case of MW, and see your charcater cocking it.
Then you get the same old crosshair, and the same old movement.
Atleast veteran is possible on MW2, I was playing it before for the trophies, and the AI is pure crap, the terrorists run straight past 5 team mates (who don't even fire a shot) and fire everything into me before I can even move because my screen gets covered in blood. Spawned next to an exploding car over and over until I reset the mission on another aswell D:

Half of the weapons don't even have recoil, they just spread a little side to side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That didn't really help all that greased lightning quakegun syndrome regarding practical gameplay even with the more 'redeeming' factors. :p

Depends.
Clanmatches were damn slow at times.
Of course Harbour only/Rifle only, was more like quake. But for me it combined the fun of Quake with the good things about CoD1 at that time.

YouTube - ‪FurYY` alias tSikY ; FragMovie/ COD1‬‎

This is what made CoD1 great for me, and why CoD2 and others sucked. They took the skill out of it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Originally posted by Infinity Ward
Call of Duty
Orginally posted by Electronic Arts
Medal of Honor
Orginally posted by Dice
Battlefield
Originally posted by Console Gamer No. 0012879
Oh wow, great WW2 games that have all turned to modern warfare-themed games that all feature team-based deathmatch games and a levelling/weapon unlocking system! :eek:

This kinda thing is really unique you'd think it's never been done before!
None of this for me, thanks. :rolleyes:

Reactions: DraKon2k
Upvote 0
Stop with your arrogant smart-*** comments.

I think the Call of Duty franchise is actually in good hands with Treyarch(if that term 'in good hands' can be valid at all for the cod franchise). They did a good job with WaW and tried to include some new stuff like tanks, pacific theatre, gore, zombie coop etc. whereas MW2 by Infinity Ward didn't have anything new at all except for nukes in MP and they, other than Treyarch, did not add dedicated servers!

Of course the series will be running out of fatigue sooner or later, but for now I'd rather see a Black Ops than a Modern Warfare 3.

Reactions: Nimsky and LemoN
Upvote 0
I didn't think WaW was all that good, but it was great nontheless. The only thing that got me about it was the Mp40 and the LMGs that still have no recoil from CoD4.

In MW2, I was getting spawn camped by some kid with a Silenced MG4, I knifed him and picked that thing up and tested it out. It hits within a CM of where I am aiming at any range.

When they balance the game, with realistic gun stats, real stats on the info page, and scopes that don't magically add a ton of recoil or damage, I might consider buying it.
Another thing bros, what is this. A person is prone and I can see his forehead, yet he is shooting me. wat.

Upvote 0
Looks pretty crap.
Indeed. I mean it's Team Deathmatch so you'd expect 24/7 action especcially in a trailer like that, but still it sucked pretty hard from what I saw. Looks like MW2 all over again imo. I mean seriously if you let the game take place during cold war(judging by the weaponry 1980+) then make it look like it was taking place in that period and not add 49539 scopes etc. so it just looks like MW2 again.

I'm pretty sure they still have a few surprises up their sleeves, but if it's just another MW2-esque spamfest then I'll pass. And getting rewarded with 100 points for a sniper kill with a 'One Shot Kill' popup window is ridiculous.

Other things I've noticed in the trailer:

3 Kill streak -> you get a little drone that you can drive and blow up
There seems to be a camera which you can deploy and take videos with it(and then probably upload it somewhere)
There's a rocket(nuke?) going off in the background of one map
There obviously is a crossbow >.>
Russians carrying western guns probably meaning that there will again be no faction-specific exclusive weapons
Hardly any blood and looks like no gore (as opposed to WaW)
5 Kill streak -> you call in a missile strike
There is a ballistic knife
Weapons have different camouflage

Last edited:
Upvote 0
3 Kill streak -> you get a little drone that you can drive and blow up
Crap
There seems to be a camera which you can deploy and take videos with it(and then probably upload it somewhere)
Would be nice to have buildt in fraps or similar. Overall a cool idea.
There's a rocket(nuke?) going off in the background of one map
Crap.
There obviously is a crossbow >.>
Crap. They watched too much rambo.
Russians carrying western guns probably meaning that there will again be no faction-specific exclusive weapons
Crap
Hardly any blood and looks like no gore (as opposed to WaW)
Couldn't care less about gore
5 Kill streak -> you call in a missile strike
Crap.
There is a ballistic knife
Crap.
Weapons have different camouflage
WOW you are soo ninja if you have a digital camo on your gun o_O.

Upvote 0
Does anyone else just groan in anguish whenever they hear about Call of Duty now?

2 was the last viable, good Call of Duty game. United Offensive being the series' peak.

Madden of FPS, the horse must not be dead enough for them.

Yes.
Just got nuked in my last MW2 game, pure crap.
Campers, shotguns that can hit you miles away within one second, Having to wait atleast 5 seconds after sprinting before you can do anything, knives that can hit you from 5m away, Throwing knives that are only useful in Close Quarters, shooting people in the head 5 times for them to just knife you, yet if they shoot you your hands have a spasm so you can't shoot back.

Did I mention:
Scar
Tar
Sniper
Sprinting
Lag
Perks
Small maps
Everything else.

CoD4 seems ok now, even though when I used to play it I hated it for it being M4 there and M4 here.

Upvote 0