• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Installing RO: Ostfront Retail Version on Windows 7

Maphisto86

May 22, 2006
Ontario, Canada.
Hey guys, long time no see.

I got a new laptop which should run Red Orchestra Ostfront with no problem. However when I put the disk in the CD drive and click install when the menu comes up, the install process does not happen. Nothing happen actually . . . so is this a problem with the retail version or running it on Windows 7? So far I have not found a thread addressing this so I started this one. Please redirect me to any solutions that may exist and that I have been unable to find.

Thanks everyone. :)

Thank you Morello and Major_Day for your valuable help on this matter. I decided to take Major_Day's route and try installing the game via "Disc 2" first and low and behold it worked. How did you come across that weird disk setup Major_Day?

To Morello, I realized I could probably have used the copy now on Steam but I thought I would use the disk's I had just to see if they worked. Thankfully if anything bad happened to the disks I can use the online copy. Viva la Steam!

Again, thanks to both of you for your input and I successfully installed the game. Unlike my desktop, this laptop installation seems to be running fine overall. The only real test is an online playthrough. :IS2:

Upvote 0