• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

Will you guys buy RO:HOS if there are no tanks?

• Yes

Votes: 133 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 47 22.9%
  • Don't know

Votes: 10 4.9%
  • If tanks are added in later

Votes: 15 7.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ro 2

Ro 2

Of course yesi iwll buy RO 2 ! wiht or without panzers !

with panzers RO 2 will be hte best games !

Wihout panzers, RO 2 will be look like a BIA games (but in BIA there is panzer in solo missions )

The developpers team go in musuem of panzer not for RO 2...
But for discovering and preparing hte japs panzer of Rising sun (i think)

Panzers add a lot of fun... and realism... but if there is no panzer i think i will not not buy RO 2.
i want to participate ot hte battle of stalingrad !

I have a question :

there is effect on wooden door when you shoot with submachine gun
But why there is no special effect with panzer bullet ? (wall destroyed ? ) in RO 2
I am afraid RO 2 is only a infantery skirmish game...

The bugs in RO 1 with panzers are still presents...
I think maybe the developpers stopped to work for the panzers since RO 1 (because tiger is not realitic at all agisnt a t 34 ! bullets russians were not strong ). Russians had good armor, German had good bullet ( 1 HE and 2 AP )
...The developpers will continue to work with panzers only for Rising sun...
The famous and unknown japs panzers !

The panzers will be not in RO 2 HOS but in RO 2 Rising Sun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It would be nice if the devs confirmed or denied that there will be tanks. If anyone was on the Codemasters forums last summer for the release of OFP DR, it was a similar situation. You had two sides blaming each other for the supporting or not supporting of certain features.

I can tell you the fan-base over at DH are getting pretty fired up with all of you saying this game doesn't need tanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can tell you the fan-base over at DH are getting pretty fired up with all of you saying this game doesn't need tanks.

There's quite major diffrence in "tanks are not absolutely necessary" and "doesn't need tanks." as I don't recall anyone claimed here that the game should be without tanks. The whole poll and question itself is a simple question in which one can answer easily, but here we are arguing about gimmicks vs gameplay vs vehicles vs realism vs fanbase vs expectations vs other examples and it's starting remotedly resemble indirect flamewar at this rate.

I'm still personally willing to bet it's going to be a shock for many that there's not going to be those "sehr erotisch" late war tanks that can pwn anything in sight beyond the range of one mile. That is of course based on the presumption that HoS includes AFVs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care about the tanks as long as the maps are well paced. What annoys me in most infantry fps games is that they are just constant action right off the spawn, it's nice for a while but can't keep me interested for long. CA maps are reasonable sized maps that offer little more freedom of movement and not everything is up to infantry to do(good tankers help a lot in some cases ect.) and slows the gameplay/charging a little.

I would not be suprised if TW woudn't include tanks in RO. They already have so many different gameplay modes, realism/non-realism versions and then the both infantry campaigns. A little too much for a small group of people, then on top of that a renewed tank combat? I'm only hoping that the focus goes in the right places, which is mostly infantry combat and multiplayer. Tanks can be added later and whos to say that modders can't include tanks and make tank oriented maps on their own? Doesn't DH mod have their own system already?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I will not,ok Stalingrad scenary is not the best offering for tank battles,but if they choose to create some outskirts skirmish maps for tankers that are not clones of Arad or Black Day July maybe I will reconsider the purchase.

I'm not interested to infantry only maps especially if their design,balance in terms of given ground to fight,capping system etc is the same as RO.

Upvote 0
What does Darkest Hour have to do with it? It's not like DH only has tank maps... in fact, it's not even known if DH will even be ported to HOS, is it?

I'm quite surprised at how many people play RO for the tanks, certainly not RO's strongest point. If I wanted to play a tank sim I'd look at Steel Beasts Pro or something similar.

Driving a tank through a claustrophobic city street would be much more fun than tank vs. tank battles on huge maps.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.