• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The ultimate and ONLY KF is dying / not updated / etc thread

It's official; We need a new meme.

Tripwire Time.

The new, albeit better than VALVe time, official updating time.

Now quick, find posts made by mods about certain times! ;)
Saying it's faster than valve time is a flat out lie.

Anyway, You can find the translation for "Soon. Very, very soon" by checking the amount of time between the first announcement of the Heavy Metal update and the time of its' release.

Upvote 0
Saying it's faster than valve time is a flat out lie.

Anyway, You can find the translation for "Soon. Very, very soon" by checking the amount of time between the first announcement of the Heavy Metal update and the time of its' release.

or any of the other promised updates/releases etc.... :D

like take ROHOS for example. "game2" (ROHOS) was announced to be in development back in 2007. the official title of the game was announced in May 2009, Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad. now in July of 2010, we've been told the game will release in 2011. all the while during the years of development, when asked by the community as to when the game will be released, TW's trademark response was always:

- "Soon, very soon."

judging by that the KF update could be in 2014. :eek::p

that's what makes "Tripwire Time" so unique......sometimes releases end up being sooner than expected and sometimes later that expected. you just never know what to expect ;)

Upvote 0
Technically the closed thread 'Very very bored' http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=44479 should have been put here since it laments the lack of an update and that in general claims the game is dieng. Could one of our Lords of Infraction move it here so the balance is restored. Presumably they were so busy testing the new update they forgot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tripwire should do another free weekend, 50% off and 50% more xp. Maybe then people would jump back and people like me would get their levels up without too much grinding. More people on suicide = more fun, would get the same early experience feel back to it(survive and teamwork, instead of just fragging and grinding).

That's just me, I often think about playing this game again, but the whole leveling thing...blaaargh :(.

Upvote 0
Meh alien swarm is definately a good game, worth a look for free. But once you've beaten it its appeal dies very quickly.

Only thing that stops me playing more KF is simply I'm fed up of being level 6, but I don't want to reset my perks and start from scratch :)

Yes I've more or less come to hate that I always get benefits that others don't. Especially when many of my friends are low levels. I almost never play normal KF (not normal diff), instead we try to have events like, five alarm sirens, hellfire, Roofmutator, WTF, ect.

Upvote 0
Yes I've more or less come to hate that I always get benefits that others don't. Especially when many of my friends are low levels. I almost never play normal KF (not normal diff), instead we try to have events like, five alarm sirens, hellfire, Roofmutator, WTF, ect.

Yeah thats my only issue, all my mates are lower levels than me, which means I join their game on normal and even hard and for the most part just cock about as a medic with a machete or something. If I was playing level 3 on hard it would be awesome again :)

Thats why I tried to revive that thread about being able to choose any perk level that you currently have unlocked. Sadly few people actually commented :)

And August? August 31st perhaps? Anniversary of the day London became a Killing Floor :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
only about 4 more months til we reach the one year anniversary of this post:

As I see these threads popping up all over I decided I would get permission to address them. And thus I have.

Tripwire is well aware that some of the t3 weapons are what one might called "over powered". There is much debate in the forums as to what should be done to correct this weapon or that weapon. It is a very delicate issue, nobody wants their favorite weapon to become "less" then what it was.

However, after the holidays (Yes, even Tripwire needs vacation time, and several members are off to an early start this week) Tripwire will be looking into the issue. So you won't see anything from us for a few weeks. However any balance tweaking and testing will likely take some time, but we will be actively working on it when the crew stumbles back into the office.

Thank you for your time and have a happy holiday season everyone!

guessing they've all not "stumbled back into the office" quite yet :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0