• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help General Protection fault

Tin_Can_Hitman

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 25, 2010
Help pleas i am having a problem were i had downloaded KF and i had started to play, but when my graphics were to high i went into settings and changed...Something i honestly cant remember what but i changed it to software instead of 3D0.9 and now i get this message when i try to play

General Protection Fault

History: UWindowsveiwport::tryrenderdevice<-windowsveiwport::OpenWindow<-UGameEngine::Init<-Initengine<-FMallocWindows::Free<-UClientUpdateGama<-WWindow::WndProc<-WWindow::Staticproc<-WDialogDOmodal

Can any one help me pleas?

Try this. The killing floor directory is in your steam\steamapps\common directory.

Either delete your killingfloor.ini in your killingfloor system folder (that resets the defaults).

Or open up the ini (with wordpad or notepad etc)

Find [Engine.Engine]

you will see a lot of renderdevices with a ; infront of it and one without.

The one without a ; should be the software renderer so add a ; infront of that one so it is not selected. And then remove the ; infront of the RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice (if its missing just add that line there.

Upvote 0