• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gamescom 2010

When was HOS announced? May 2009? After Killing Floor was released?

sure, the official title of the game (Red Orchcestra: Heroes of Stalingrad) was announced in may after Killing Floor was released....however it's still important to remember that "Game2" was "announced" to be in production sometime in 2007 if i'm not mistaken. ;)

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
Besides, what's wrong with a 3 year development time? Just cos we're all used to annually mashed out titles...

i don't think anyone really thinks that they've taken "too long" on the game. my post about the development "history" was just to point out that's what the reality is as opposed to some people just thinking the game's development only began in may 2009 with the official annoucement, which as surprising as it is, some people actually do think that :D

i think what most people are actually frustrated with is the lack of substancial ammounts of visuals documenting the progress made. the first impressions people got were the initial screenshots/shakeycam video from last august (about a year ago).....so nothing from the time before that time like even 2D art or concept designs etc... then a few interviews and a few screenshots in a randomly scheduled fashion and it's already a full year later and people are impatiently awaiting some real "big" news and signigicant media being released. those who knew the game had been in development for quite some time just had/have higher expections for the ammount of progress that has been made or were/are disappointed that they expected the game would be at pointD in so-and-so month/year as opposed to maybe only being at pointB.

like Ramm commented in some earlier posts, we all want news/updates etc... but when we only get "little" things, we tend to be angered because we were expecting more. but then again, the other side of that is how he mentioned that (paraphrasing) "we can't give them stuff that we don't have and they don't want to just see more of the same stuff over again from different angles etc...". that comment to me made me sit and think to myself, well, shouldn't you be creating some new stuff that's substancially "better" news than the last updates as that's what progress is? my honest opinion is that there is in fact more than they want to reveal atm and we'll only get it when they feel the time is right.

unfortunately TW is quite secretive about their plans/schedules and we will all just have to suffer until they are less paranoid about timetables/deadlines :D i mean hey, give em the credit for getting to the point where they don't have to worry about those things, they did work mighty hard to get to this point ;)

Reactions: Olivier
Upvote 0
1C had that "window" updated to Q2 2011 like, 3 months ago.......come on BV old news bro! :p:D

i still like how apparently the game's official title is still confusing for people.....according to 1C it's "RO2" or even "Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad" yet TWI always just refers to the game as "Red Orchestra: Heroes of Stalingrad" or "RO:HOS" :confused:

can it just be set in stone that the official title is Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad? then people could call it RO2 or RO:HOS and still be correct and not come off as looking stupid ;) be nice to know that the developers and publishers both know the official title of the game they're creating/promoting/selling

Last edited:
Upvote 0