• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Katana should be able to hit multiple enemies?

Well, how can I consider the zeds are really hard when you can just cut their head off with just a knife?

And I think ONLY the power swing can hit more than one target is ok... If you are able to hit more than one target, you are surrounded or at the edge of getting surrounded. And that swing is SLOW when you are surrounded. So berserkers have to consider using primary att or the power swing in tight positions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the katana should have a damage reduction + the ability to hit multiple enemies and longer reache.

the chainsaw needs shorter range, needs to be given a damage buff, and the infinate use needs to be replaced with the need to ocasionally refill the gas tank. as a special ability a hit on the arm of a FP or Husk should have a small random chance of severing the arm. fp will only do half damage, husk cant fire, skrake looses chainsaw and damage reduced by 3/4. i say random chance because otherwise people with good aim would be unbalanced.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The katana is fine and dandy balance wise, if not a tad overpowered since anybody can pick it up to handle skrakes right now when you're not even a zerker. I can't believe you would even think of buffing it rather than the chainsaw.

Because "whats cool" has more influence than "whats balanced" to some naive people.

Edit: Couldn't for the life of me remember how to spell that :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
wow ok , my bad , i really haven't realized that someone could even think of cuting through body and slice the body in two pieces ,... not that is not very likely (even that you could probably still cut two necks/heads off)

ok lol i made quick 5 minute paint job for your amusement , maybe that way you will understand what i mean by hiting two enemies (specialy dumb as clots)
lolpaintjobj.jpg

and as i already stated few times the katana DON'T need to do more dmg and the zerker is fine
imo the katana need longer "reach" , "hitbox" or whatever you call it in game , so it feels more like katana

and especially now when there is like 4 sirens sourounded with "trash" behind every corner after that patch

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, now all we need are an army of fish specimens and we're sorted. What a waste of a post...
You cannot compare the effectiveness against fish or human flesh with the effectiveness against Specimens, because Specimens don't bloody exist, so you can only speculate the result, not know it!
I don't know why anyone thinks they know what's realistic when talking about fictional enemies; that's just stupid. We don't know how their bodies work, so why should be presume that a katana chopping through three to be at all 'realistic'. Surely then, it would be realistic for an enemy to be obliterated by a hand grenade, but I see plenty specimens surviving it. Balance > Realism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I consider genetically engineered humans whose heads can be cut off clean with just about anything and explode from 9mm shots to be about equal to fish, yes.
They don't look hard at all. In fact "soft as ****e" describes them pretty well, don't you think?
Well, most of them.

However, talk about stupid, bringing that whole "lolrealism" discussion in here again is quite pointless and the katana is, gameplay wise, fine as it is.
Well except for the pointless semi-auto but that's a whole different topic.
However, talk about stupid, bringing that whole "lolrealism" discussion in here again is quite pointless and the katana is, gameplay wise, fine as it is.
stupid "lolrealism" discussion is quite pointless

Wow, now all we need are an army of fish specimens and we're sorted. What a waste of a post...
You cannot compare the effectiveness against fish or human flesh with the effectiveness against Specimens, because Specimens don't bloody exist, so you can only speculate the result, not know it!
I don't know why anyone thinks they know what's realistic when talking about fictional enemies; that's just stupid. We don't know how their bodies work, so why should be presume that a katana chopping through three to be at all 'realistic'. Surely then, it would be realistic for an enemy to be obliterated by a hand grenade, but I see plenty specimens surviving it. Balance > Realism.
What a waste of a post...
Indeed.

Upvote 0
Did you even read what I've written before answering or are you just that bad at reading for comprehension?
It is astounding that you pitch in, denouncing my post as "a waste" while contributing nothing beyond stating what has already been said.

You're one to talk about wasting posts.
Posts are a valuable resource you know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you even read what I've written before answering or are you just that bad at reading for comprehension?
It is astounding that you pitch in, denouncing my post as "a waste" while contributing nothing beyond stating what has already been said.

You're one to talk about wasting posts.
Posts are a valuable resource you know.
Delicious feeds :V
I do not believe Katana needs this buff. Whether it could feasibly have it in real life; who cares? Thus, any post trying to reason for adding this because they think it might be realistic, is a pointless post. My contribution was pointing out that your post was a waste. Simple.

Upvote 0
Zerker, Firebug, Demoman and medic = Well balanced

Sharpshooter, Support, Commando = Poorly balanced

Berserker and the other are what a class should be, good against some, weak against others. The support class is actually not too bad, since it can hardly demolish everything with ease, however I do feel with the Xbow as it is the support becomes a badly balanced class.

Commando is good against most things and pretty good against some of the bigger Zeds. Not perfect but good enough to give it a whack. He should be BAD agaisnt FP's and scrakes, not OK against them.

SS - if you don't know this by now, you need help :)

Upvote 0
No, he's totally right. Perks should be bad against specific zeds. Not on an impossible level, just bad. The perks need weaknesses as well as strengths.
Oh of course they should. but ones weakness is almost half the monster base, and the other cant fight long enough to amount enough to be worth while in the later waves because of his retarded ammo limit without the exception of a very few number of maps. While the idea of a class having some weaknesses is of course good, but they turned out with much, much, more weaknesses and limitations then what was intended.

Upvote 0
Oh of course they should. but ones weakness is almost half the monster base, and the other cant fight long enough to amount enough to be worth while in the later waves because of his retarded ammo limit without the exception of a very few number of maps. While the idea of a class having some weaknesses is of course good, but they turned out with much, much, more weaknesses and limitations then what was intended.

Since when was the Zerker weak to half the monster base? Crawlers can be easily killed by an alt weapon, Husks and Sirens can be too. Sure when your standing up front holding melee weapons Crawlers can be tricky then its a) the price to pay for using no ammo to massacre the rest and b) what your team should be focusing on killing.

If a class isn't defined as weak to the FP then something is broken.

Upvote 0