• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Trying to remember a RO map (from mod days)

Galslacht

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
I think it was in 2.0, yes, while it still was a mod for UT2004.

The map was large, muddy, dead cows, blackened trees with 2 large trench-systems in it.

People did not like it (they would disconnect in the first minute), but the map had alot of great ambiance and potential. It also looked beautiful.

PS: who also do not like Spartakovka not being in RO: Ostfront?

Could that be Poreyche? It was large and had trenches but I'm not sure about the blackened trees.

I think it's probably that.

The Russians started in a small village, and had to attack the entrenched germans. Fairly large open fields of fire made this difficult, but very rewarding to break the 3? control points in the first trench, and a few well placed hills made it possible.

Upvote 0
I think it's probably that.

The Russians started in a small village, and had to attack the entrenched germans. Fairly large open fields of fire made this difficult, but very rewarding to break the 3? control points in the first trench, and a few well placed hills made it possible.

Possible? Not really. Germans spawned directly in the objective. The only real way was to sneak through the minefield on the map edge and take the last objectives first.

Also, there is a Spartakovka port on Ostfront, rarely played though and without the n1 capping system way less rewarding than it used to be.

As for your map, no idea unfortunatly.

Upvote 0
Possible? Not really. Germans spawned directly in the objective. The only real way was to sneak through the minefield on the map edge and take the last objectives first.

Also, there is a Spartakovka port on Ostfront, rarely played though and without the n1 capping system way less rewarding than it used to be.

As for your map, no idea unfortunatly.

MY map, or the OPs map? :p

Ya, the first trenches were totally possible.. I even remember a few frontal assaults and the occasional left-flank take out the first line objectives. It was always a hard fight tough, and you lost more often then won..

Usually what I remember on the later lines was a reinforcement/time issue.

Upvote 0