• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vac Banned

J.D.*

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Ive seen many players let alone server admins who are vac banned. Which means nothing in KF. Why are servers VAC secured if they don't work? I personally dont want to play with a hacker, someone whos dled his/her skills. Is this something we can patch in the next update? If youve been vac banned, you shouldnt be allowed to play on public servers with VAC running.

Ah, so why when I ran a server, did I have the option for this?

Edit: Sorry but why am I presented with this option if I can't use it? Why do I have the option to have a vac secure server or not?
Again, it bans by [engine] and not [account]

Half life 2, counter strike source/etc is a different [engine] that Killing Floor therefor they are vac banned on the [source engine] but not [killing floors engine] understand?

Upvote 0
Ah, so why when I ran a server, did I have the option for this?

Edit: Sorry but why am I presented with this option if I can't use it? Why do I have the option to have a vac secure server or not?
You can use it. That's exactly what Yoshiro said.

You asked why you saw players and admins banned but still able to play in KF. It's because they cheated on another game, probably a Source Engine game and are banned from those games.

If they're caught cheating on KF, then they will be banned from all KF servers that have VAC enabled on them.

As a server admin of a KF server, you have the choice to make your server secure with VAC or open it up to all caught KF cheaters by disabling VAC. It's your choice.

Upvote 0