• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Dedicated Server Votemutator = perk problem

beerhead

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Ok ,so gave the new patch and the patch that was suppose to fix that patch few days now to settle. And i'm wondering if some server owner or admin or TWi representative can confirm that this http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42229 mut still works for them and still have perks available? I've basically spent whole day updating one of the servers and finally found out that this isn't working when i took
Code:
VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler
line out and replaced it with regular
Code:
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler
line, the perks work just fine

which brings me to another question: How can i have players to vote for different map packs that i have on the server without this mutator? specially those maps that start KFS
thanks in advance

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

also another thing that i have found goes for the new antiblocker,i know this would go to minority players ,but here is the problem with it:
When you put the new antiblocker into your system directory (for hosting games on your pc or whatever) and you have server in your favorites that using the old one ,you can't connect there! And if you want to connect to your favorite server ,you have to delete the new antiblocker from you system directory and than you can connect,when you want to host game you need to exit the game put it back in and start the game again=annoying as hell.
Most likely those server owners that are using the old one not going to use the new one,since all of them using perk replacement and most of them are more than 6 player servers anyway (so no reason for perks).And also it seems that new antiblocker gets to lag the server, i really can confirm this on 3 servers (2 mine +1 friends) when its on = lots of lag spikes ,when it was taken out = no lags were found . Maybe some more admins can confirm this lag issue?

BTW what was wrong with the old one? Nobody i asked knows about it and the reason why it was taken out wasn't mentioned in the original thread, i understand that Benjamin made new one ,but couldn't the old one stayed whitelisted also? I personally haven't have any issues or problems with the old one,it always worked perfectly

Last edited:
When you put the new antiblocker into your system directory (for hosting games on your pc or whatever) and you have server in your favorites that using the old one ,you can't connect there!

It's ironic, the whole idea of the new version was that it wouldn't have to be downloaded by clients, but for some reason it's being added to the server packages.

Upvote 0
no the problem is that the old version looks for a server package, where the new game was probably custom patched to work around this. so if you try to join a server with the old version, then you get a mismatch error. the problem beerhead is having is that he runs a listen server, which you have to have one or the other installed, where clients don't need it at all. you should just make a batch to swap the files if you really have to play on servers that haven't been updated.

the vote mutator is working fine for me, it was off and on at first but I haven't seen any problems since this was fixed.

the lag issue I have definitely noticed tho, interesting that antiblocker would cause this, makes no sense to me that it would affect the game if it's only supposed to work during trader time. I thought it had something to do with the map hang fix, like some sort of caching method. if you're sure it's antiblock causing this, then it's something that definitely needs fixing asap.

Upvote 0
Hmm interesting kingkong , yea my main problem is that vote mut since that one seems to be braking the perks on my regular dedicated server..no idea why

was wondering if you could pm me your server ip or explain how you have got it working so the perks don't brake
because this line in the kf.ini brakes it
[Engine.GameInfo]
VotingHandlerType=KFMapVote.KFVotingHandler

and as i said if i put this one in there instead, the perks work just fine, but you can't vote for mods
[Engine.GameInfo]
VotingHandlerType=xVoting.xVotingHandler

really never had so many troubles to get something to work before that patch

Upvote 0
that's exactly the way I did it, just add the line to serverpackages, there's no client download so that's all you have to do. something has been broken with perks and mutators since the last patch, so if perks are disabled when it starts up, just restart the server and it should work.

Upvote 0
that's exactly the way I did it, just add the line to serverpackages, there's no client download so that's all you have to do. something has been broken with perks and mutators since the last patch, so if perks are disabled when it starts up, just restart the server and it should work.

well thanks for trying to help kingkong , but as i said in the first post, it does not, it always brakes the perks when the line is added ,stopped server ,restarted server map changed and restarted,stopped & million maps changed, restarted, no matter what, it just disables them , once the line is changed to normal it works again right

IP for the server where that map vote works without disabling perks would be helpful ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks kingkong ;) , was there ,saw that ,and got mine to work
well at least half things...
It still not picking up anything else than killing floor as game type , if you choose game type Doom SinglePlayer or team death match it still brakes the perks on normal gameplay , so basically anything else can NOT be chosen as game type- killing floor

well thanks man , hope the other game types get fixed

Upvote 0