• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spoon-fed Grenades

Cooking grenades is a great idea, that way when I'm the last man backed into a corner I can pull the pin and run at them, grenade in hand.

Mechanos said:
This is mostly a joke thread I bet. As for shutting up a siren, her voice makes grenades magically go *poof*. I'd try a pipe bomb instead. :3

Ever tried screaming with a hand grenade in your mouth?

Upvote 0
Cooking grenades is a great idea, that way when I'm the last man backed into a corner I can pull the pin and run at them, grenade in hand.

Ever tried screaming with a hand grenade in your mouth?

lawl. Well, I'm pretty sure she has a bit more swallowing room than I do. Especially since she somehow manages to still scream at targets that're behind her.. :/

Which brings up a good point. None of the zeds are actually firing directional weapons, melee included, and instead.. apparently just check 360 degrees for line of sight and distance then attempt instant damage or lob a projectile and the client tries to move the "projectile launcher" in the direction it's firing. That sucks. xD

Upvote 0
Impossible is nothing...
Oh and how about... you know what your talking about before you open your mouth and make such claims.

Your face is a bad idea, nothing a hand grenade cant fix tho...
there we go, how does that taste?

Ketamine out!

Dude, are you 10 or something?

Probably, but its also the guy we know as Ace Unlimited.

You can see it from the way he types, not to mention he has a habbit of suggesting "awesome" stuff for KF which most likely wont work or isnt necessary at all.

I dont know why he keeps making new accounts, especially when everyone here just wants him to stay away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about the ability to cook grenades first?

Yes please. :p

Grenades really aren't as useless as people say they are. If someone explodes a "failnade" in an area of little space, or high concentration, it's a "winnade." Nades are really for killing/weakening the masses of Gorefasts, Stalkers, Clots and Crawlers.

Try throwing a grenade in a tunnel in Biolab, in front of the ZEDs. The ZEDs won't move around it simply because they don't have enough room. The nade will explode and you may kill more than 10 ZEDs.

The same thing applies to the doors with holes in them, or any place that allows you to throw a grenade at a mob huddled around a welded door.

It's just a case of people throwing them randomly, rather than getting these perfect moments. If we could cook grenades, they will be useful again. :D (Also, the

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is far from being impossible to code (it's the unreal engine after all), but it's also far from being useful.

Grenades are close to useless. They're only useful to unweld doors and damage yourself to level a medic.

Can't even use it against ZEDs because they somehow dodge it.

Adding this featuer is probably incredibly complicated to code (new animations, new features), won't deal enough damage to a ZED (it can't even kill you, what do you think'll happen to that zed?), and will damage yourself.

This is just stupid.
This. ^ Simple insult to me is nothing, because it just make you sound like a immature kid.

I like to see a sticky grenade then this.
*Imagine throwing 8 sticky grenade to flashpound in Killing Floor*

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Grenades really aren't as useless as people say they are. If someone explodes a "failnade" in an area of little space, or high concentration, it's a "winnade." Nades are really for killing/weakening the masses of Gorefasts, Stalkers, Clots and Crawlers.

The problem I see with this... your average player probably wouldn't think twice about saving his nades and just 9mm decapping all of those zeds you mentioned.

Personally I save my nades 'till a scrake/etc comes out, then I switch to my best spike damage weapon and chuck all my nades at once (assuming I don't have an xbow to decap'em with). Saves some ammo, and if he doesn't die, finish him off with the weapon. Unless I'm playing a Demo or have a bunch of extra cash, I don't even worry about restocking my nades.

If you're craving multiple kills with splodies, better to nab a demo and an m-24/pipe ^^.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seriously Grenades are fantasticly handy if used correctly. If you combine them with a grenade launcher shot it can take down hordes much quicker and save launcher ammo. You just throw 1 or 2 nades down (depending on what enemys ur fighting) and then fire a launcher nade at those nades and all goes off at once. And Volla if done correctly all zeds are destroyed :cool::D

Upvote 0
oops.. didn't know that. I said scrake/etc as I meant anything slightly more dangerous/annoying like husks/screamers/fp's too. I'll remember that though, no nadies for the bald guy.
Throwing them at sirens is a bad idea too :V Their screams remove grenades altogether with no damage.
Impossible is nothing...
Oh and how about... you know what your talking about before you open your mouth and make such claims.

Your face is a bad idea, nothing a hand grenade cant fix tho...
there we go, how does that taste?

Ketamine out!
Now that's just bloody rude. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Sammers out!

Also
I dont know why he keeps making new accounts, especially when everyone here just wants him to Die
Fixt

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like this idea, it would be awesome if we had AvP style trophy kills with each weapon, plus Zed-time!

Yeah, thanks to wonderful visuals and ZED-time KF does have a lot of potential for awesome kills like these, even if they are a little bit useless at times. QTE events will be pretty nice too. (Chainsaw V Scrake)

It's just that it'd be a bit too much to put into a game that already exists.

Maybe for a sequel?

Upvote 0