• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about adding nightvision goggles?

The commando has all the "night vision" and then some you'll ever need.

True

The healthbar spotting distance for a lvl 6 is quite wide and if you can't see, the healthbars will pop up before a specimen can be a real threat. (You can see FPs in the dark and scrake smoke)

The best part is is that commandos will never be so bothered about demo-smoke :p

Upvote 0
Yep :) Especially on boss rounds, where there's over 9000 people playing demo, while you're the lone commando. They shoot, they get confused as to where the patty went, you keep shooting because you're the only one who can see him.

The only thing I do hate about being commando is that people tend to forget that you're the only one who can see the Patty almost ALL THE TIME.

So as you go on the Patty-hunt, they accuse you of being a rambo idiot and stay and camp behind. -.-

Upvote 0
So as you go on the Patty-hunt, they accuse you of being a rambo idiot and stay and camp behind. -.-

Oh yeah I did that once on beginner, because I was really close to lvl 5 commando, so I figured, why the hell not. So the last round comes, and I say "zerg rush gogogo" but no one's up for it, so I go in solo with a SCAR blazing in hand.

I was the first to spot him in the tunnel in West London, because I was the only one paying ****ing any attention to where he spawned. So I one mag'd him, he ran, everyone else was like lolwut? Usually the patty would go into the church to heal so I went there. And I killed him, and one dude was like, "what the hell..."

Upvote 0
Oh yeah I did that once on beginner, because I was really close to lvl 5 commando, so I figured, why the hell not. So the last round comes, and I say "zerg rush gogogo" but no one's up for it, so I go in solo with a SCAR blazing in hand.

I was the first to spot him in the tunnel in West London, because I was the only one paying ****ing any attention to where he spawned. So I one mag'd him, he ran, everyone else was like lolwut? Usually the patty would go into the church to heal so I went there. And I killed him, and one dude was like, "what the hell..."

Yeah the last problem I had was on a custom map, I keep spamming the "follow me" button after the first patty attack, and I run over the hill, get pwnzord, and the players tell me "If you can see him, we can see him too"

WTH. D';

Upvote 0
I cant fking see anything in the dark,when I play as sharpshooter.

The laser sight on your M14 can help you. whenever it magically gets closer (because a ZED is in the way) try shooting and see what happens. After all you have 250 rounds to spare. :rolleyes:

Anyway this "dark vision" for commando is why you stick together in a team and you learn to trust your teammates.

Upvote 0
Nightvision goggles and commando abilities are not same.

Yeah they are.

I cant fking see anything in the dark,when I play as sharpshooter.

Key word: sharpshooter

As you know,I have to aim to head,but its difficult when you are in the dark.

Then stop playing in the dark. All maps have at least one well lighted area. Or stick with a commando that knows what the **** he's doing. And if there's no good commandos on your team/your team refuses to play in the one well-lighted area where they won't get mobbed to death, switch servers.

Upvote 0
Yeah they are.
uh.. no they aren't

Key word: sharpshooter
Very true.

Then stop playing in the dark. All maps have at least one well lighted area. Or stick with a commando that knows what the **** he's doing. And if there's no good commandos on your team/your team refuses to play in the one well-lighted area where they won't get mobbed to death, switch servers.
Some maps you can't help but play in the dark. However, sharpshooters are 1 of the only 2 perks that specialize in a weapon with a flash light. So I'm pretty sure he's just mad because he can't M14 spam in the dark xD

Upvote 0
Commando abilities are nightvision. Give a commando a pitch black environment, and he'll still kill half the things dead because he can see health bars. Assuming he's at least lvl 4, with a decent range of sight.

I'm proud to be a Lvl 6 commando. It's a pain to level up and It can hardly be exploited. Took me a long time to get there, and that resulted in a long time of gaining knowledge and experience about KF.

IMO a level 6 commando who plays regularly is a mark of real skill. Even at the highest level, you can't kill the big monsters.

I also feel like a real credit to the team. I can find and kill all ZEDs that my teammates can't even see before those ZEDs even become a threat :D *flashes bravery medals at people*

Upvote 0
I'm proud to be a Lvl 6 commando. It's a pain to level up and It can hardly be exploited. Took me a long time to get there, and that resulted in a long time of gaining knowledge and experience about KF.

Yep. The only time I ever powerleveled Commando was 3/4 of my way to lvl 5, and I was tired of finding stalkers just to have teammates kill them. And that was one of the few time I played KF-Survival.

Upvote 0