• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Deadcenter

Z-MAN provided me with a server log after the same thing happened with my map KF-NorthSea:
Map list KF-NorthSea only.
KF-NorthSea -> KF-NorthSea change.

Log: Server switch level: KF-NorthSea
Log: Browse: KF-NorthSea?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Corporal_Lewi s?team=1?Sex=M?game=KFMod.KFGameType?VACSecured=tr ue?MaxPlayers=6?mutator=?Name=Z-MAN
NetComeGo: Close TcpipConnection ***.***.***.***:4619 07/31/09 19:59:13
Exit: Socket shut down
Log: (Karma): Level Karma Terminated.
Log: Collecting garbage
Log: Purging garbage
Critical: UObject::GetPathName
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: DispatchDestroy
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: DispatchDestroys
Critical: UObject::purgeGarbage
Critical: UObject::CollectGarbage
Critical: Cleanup
Critical: UGameEngine::LoadMap
Critical: LocalMapURL
Critical: UGameEngine::Browse
Critical: ServerTravel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: Level North Sea
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: UServerCommandlet::Main
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 476 MByte 834 KByte 286 Bytes from HD took 3.380976 seconds (3.262976 reading, 0.118000 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.276000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 07/31/09 19:59:15

And here is a post by Floyd where he has the same problem with a map called HarborV3:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=518231&postcount=8

And here is a topic ro_sauce made about this, which includes further logs:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39655&highlight=crash

It's likely that this crash is not caused my some mistake you made. I'll forward this to Tripwire now and let them know that we need professional help with this one. Until they find out what's causing it, I'm really sorry this is happening to your maps too.

Last edited:
Reactions: lVlal2ll3ol2o
Upvote 0
Probably not map related

Probably not map related

Guys, I doubt that it is map related. After the Oct. update I updated my Windows based dedicated server and it started crashing on any map change with same critical errors in the logs. I had to re-created the server from an old restore point of my server files, which fixed the issue but not completely.
Now, every now and then (in a few days) I notice that my server is not running.
Before this issue, it was running flawlessly. After some googling I see same issues with unreal tournament servers with the same log entries during the crashes.
I think that it has to do with the server looking for some files initiated by a player's connection conencted to the server.
Just my two cents...

Upvote 0
Guys, I doubt that it is map related. After the Oct. update I updated my Windows based dedicated server and it started crashing on any map change with same critical errors in the logs. I had to re-created the server from an old restore point of my server files, which fixed the issue but not completely.
Now, every now and then (in a few days) I notice that my server is not running.
Before this issue, it was running flawlessly. After some googling I see same issues with unreal tournament servers with the same log entries during the crashes.
I think that it has to do with the server looking for some files initiated by a player's connection conencted to the server.
Just my two cents...

As a follow-up to my previous comment, I would like to correct myself.
I did a bit of testing and it looks like whenever I switch out of ONE particular map in the maplist, my dedicated server crashes. The map is called KF-NorthSea, (final version). I replaced the .rom with a newly downloaded one, with same results.
Some servers are running into this problem while others are not. Oh well. Great map, but out it goes of my maplist.

Upvote 0