• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Door Charges

Ubermn

Jun 4, 2010
Ever get into a tight spot where the only other escape route is welded, where you guys are getting overwhelmed by a mob and you need a quick escape? I was sort of tinkering with the idea of a door charge. Door charges, as you may or may not know are used when military teams breach buildings. (I know, you're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!) Basically, the way it would work is that you can place it on a welded door, and detonate it later, causing some damage to specimens on the other side, and creating an escape route. Now, a whole new "weapon" doesn't really need to be created for this, but certain funcionalities could presumably be added to the existing pipe bomb. Some of you may argue that you could just spam the door with grenades, but the door charge not only saves you grenades, but it takes down the door with a single charge. It would prove useful in some maps where holding a spot is much better than staying mobile, like bioticslab or westlondon.

I dunno, it's not as hashed out or useful as some other weapons i had in mind, but what do you guys think?

Its a matter of choice and strategic thinking. Wether you want to weld the door to prevent specimens from flooding in, or do you want to keep it open as a quick escape path. No door charges needed.

(off Topic) Reminds me of the time that my group decided to keep an escape route....... turned into one dude spamming the open/close button while specimens on the other side did the opposite, it was an epic fail :p (Imagine the door opening, us shooting through it, the door closing, then open=shoot, close.....and so on)

As for door charges, I would prefer just to give the pipebombs a detonator switch rather than create a whole new weapon specifically for doors unless people think that it might be a good support filler for those extra few blocks......

Upvote 0
(off Topic) Reminds me of the time that my group decided to keep an escape route....... turned into one dude spamming the open/close button while specimens on the other side did the opposite, it was an epic fail :p (Imagine the door opening, us shooting through it, the door closing, then open=shoot, close.....and so on)

As for door charges, I would prefer just to give the pipebombs a detonator switch rather than create a whole new weapon specifically for doors unless people think that it might be a good support filler for those extra few blocks......

So i had a thought. Make pipe bombs stay in your inventory, but as a detonator. So you could pull it out and alt-fire to detonate, and right-click to toggle between pipe bombs. The detonator would disappear when all pipe bombs are gone, because why would you keep a now-useless detonator?

Upvote 0
Maybe a detonator could be added ( that detonates ALL your pipes at once) but it would be kinda useless since a single shot will already detonate your bombs. Im not aware if the explosion damages ZEDs on the other side but if you wanna keep an escape route without ZEDS rushing thru it just plant a pipe: If they break the door they'll explode and you'll hear them coming, if you need to escape just shoot the pipe.

Upvote 0