• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Melee Concept [Beta]

I have the newest version (v1.1) of the beta yet I can't get the LAW to swing? The file IS in the right place so i don't know what the problem is. I was just wondering if anyone else has the same problem or if I did something wrong. Thanks

according to the files everything is accounted for
the LAW is part of "Melee Weapons" not "Tactical Weapons"
make sure you are enabling "Melee Weapons"

Upvote 0
First of all - this is great! Tactical 9MM/knife combo can get you alone through the first 4 waves. And the ability to smash specimen with LAW is also priceless - at very last this weapon has some usability now :D The ability to swat specimen with shotgun butt is not as practical as the two previously mentioned, but still useful.

Now, I know that it's just an early beta, and I'm pretty sure you're aware of these, but I thought it still could help you to spot you some bugs:

-9MM/syringe has unlimited ammo, also, muzzle flash seems to be in the wrong place.
-Sometimes after shopping, all ammo for 9MM/knife is suddenly gone and you can't shoot it even if you find some ammo boxes on the map.
-Trader sells basic in-game flashlight shotgun.
-You can't buy syringe/9MM combo again after you sell it.
-Shotgun map pickup gives you a 5-block melee version of shotgun, held by the barrel.
-LAW melee doesn't always work, I had to drop the weapon and pick it up again to make it work. Also, when triggered, it stops the character in his tracks and emits a flashlight light for a second.

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I believe this is bump worthy since it seems like TW actually considered this idea.

bash.jpg

Upvote 0
Hi, whenever i run this mutator together with Jack Carver's weapons pack, (Consists of M7A3 Medic rifle and MK23 pistol) http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46433

The Rifle and the Pistol do not appear in the trader list.

I do not know what problems are causing it.

When i disable the tactical weapons and melee weapons mod, the rifle and pistol appear again.

Is there a fix for this?

I really like the tact knife and the new rifles and stuff, so it would be great to see both muts working simultaneously.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi, whenever i run this mutator together with Jack Carver's weapons pack, (Consists of M7A3 Medic rifle and MK23 pistol) [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=46433[/URL]

The Rifle and the Pistol do not appear in the trader list.

I do not know what problems are causing it.

When i disable the tactical weapons and melee weapons mod, the rifle and pistol appear again.

Is there a fix for this?

I really like the tact knife and the new rifles and stuff, so it would be great to see both muts working simultaneously.
Jack Carver's mutator and the melee mod mutator both replace trader weapons, something about having both activated at the same time overwrites each other i suppose
if i get some time ill look into this

Upvote 0
I think its plain wrong to a non-sharp edged weapon like a pistol simply rip a specimens head off, its already strange to see the knife doing it.

I think the melee attack should have a different type of damage for each weapon, for example, pistols and small weapons could be used to stun small enemies, larger weapons could be used to give a slight push, or at least stop the advance/walk of 2 or 3 enemies at once, unless the berserker also gets a large damage/rate bonus in these attacks, this feature will just make it even less interesting, but it could also create a new way to make firearms useful/worthy for berserkers.

I dont care if it looks like l4d or not, its original and have been used by other games before, but still this would require a quite big amount of work and time to do it well (is it worth it?), to be slow enough that it cant be spamed, but fast enough so that its useful on the situations that you would be forced to use it, basically.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I cant seem to add this to the game using the Custom Trader Weapons.

I cant find the weapon pickup thing so i cant add it to the INI file.

Do you mind posting the weaponpickups for the weapons for the Tactical Weapons part of this mutator?

[EDIT] Sorry for double post, didn't realize the last post was by me

Upvote 0