• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Could we get more Firebug equipment?

Starwolf1991

May 24, 2009
For quite a while, I've noticed how uncommon it is for people to be playing the Firebug, and how ridiculous it is that they have only one weapon from which to deal fire damage (Minus the incendiary grenades from Lvl 3 onwards). Although it hasn't stopped me from playing Firebug time to time, I cannot help but feel how advantaged they are in terms of equipment compared to others. Once you get the flamethrower, pretty much, you pretty much waste money on weapons for other tiers, and you don't get much out of them unless you use the perks for those classes.

So, I'm asking you, the developers, could we the players possibly see additional firebug equipment being implemented in future? Because the firebug seriously needs it.

Mhmm. I've finished the model on an incendiary grenade launcher, too! :p

Mamoo's also making a molotov cocktail to go with it. It's planned to create a temporary wall of fire that burns ZEDs. :cool:

Take a look in the spoiler in my signature below and follow the link to see our work! :D

Upvote 0
For quite a while, I've noticed how uncommon it is for people to be playing the Firebug, and how ridiculous it is that they have only one weapon from which to deal fire damage (Minus the incendiary grenades from Lvl 3 onwards). Although it hasn't stopped me from playing Firebug time to time, I cannot help but feel how advantaged they are in terms of equipment compared to others. Once you get the flamethrower, pretty much, you pretty much waste money on weapons for other tiers, and you don't get much out of them unless you use the perks for those classes.

So, I'm asking you, the developers, could we the players possibly see additional firebug equipment being implemented in future? Because the firebug seriously needs it.

lol, this has been brought up a bunch of times before. hopefully the new update (whenever that is), will have some surprises for us;)

Upvote 0
I've love to see a more powerful flamethrower with about the same ammunition and much less spread and penetration, but deals much more damage.

Sort of in a cumulative way.

I.E, if you hit an enemy with 1 ammo's worth of flame, it say, deals 10 damage (hypothetically), but if you hit them with 2 ammo's worth of flame, it deals 20 damage, and the next unit of ammo deals 30 damage, making for a cumulative damage total of 60, whereas it would be 30 if you hit the same specimen on 3 different occasions. The damage bonus runs out once they stop being lit on fire, the burn time for this flamethrower is very short.

Like that, but scaled of course, as that would likely end up being majorly unbalanced.

It'd be the kind of weapon that'd be a waste to use on the weaker specimens, but perfect for the bigger guys, creating an element of choice. It'd need to have a smaller "mag" size, to give a reasonable cooldown to such a potentially dangerous weapon too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0