• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Unlock HEROES VOIP?

FlyXwire

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 1, 2006
I'm not a big fan of lots of in-game chatting, but accept that it certainly can help coordinate and promote our gaming. VOIP capability, whether as a core game feature or as a third-party app. is just a fact of online gaming. I'm not sure if this suggestion has ever been forwarded, but I'd like the ability to select who I have to listen to in an online session, so I can specifically concentrate on hearing comms from the ranking/team leader(s), and to be able to filter out (or in) other players by choice.

Taken a bit further, perhaps in-game VOIP could be optioned as a earned attribute In RO-HEROES, something that the ranking players in a game session could access, thereby elevating core game VOIP to being a "command channel", instead of merely a "chatting channel".

Maybe in-game VOIP could be optioned as an earned attriibute and/or as a server selection, or allow players to filter comms so that command transmissions would only come through if preferred.

Maybe that's it; having a commander's VOIP channel, and a chatting VOIP channel in-game.

The commander's channel would only be accessible after certain in-game ranking, or for Heroes. While the chatting channel would always be available, but this channel could be turned on or off by player preference. The commander's channel would always be heard, to help promote actual command & control in-game, and also serve to reward achieving ranking and Heroes attainment.

Upvote 0
Guys, I like both of your suggestions.

Wanting to be a team player and an asset to my side's victories, I have to be able to follow tactical direction and changes in these directions ASAP, but lots of radio chatter just seems to muddle reaction efficiency. Having the team leaders and/or Heroes able to penentrate this chatter, whether with a dedicated "always on" channel of their own, or with an tranmission override ability would seem like a method that might help promote better C&C.

Having this efficiency is dearly needed in open session games especially, where there's little regard for team play, and the chatting often becomes a distraction, the end result being that many of us just prefer to enjoy the game comms off. :eek:

Upvote 0