• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Enfield L85 Suggestion

I don't see the bullpup as being inaccurate. I snipe enemies from across the map with a tap of the button, firing a 2 round burst. I have headshotted clots out as far as I can see them. I have sniped enemies halfway across that gladiator map or farther.

That does perplex me as it is designated as a medium range, as well as many senior lvl6 players tell me the accuracy is off. Head shots now and again are good, but consecutive head shots, that would be the accuracy I'm striving for. I'm not saying that every time you shoot on semi you get the centre shot, no in fact you have to pause your shots like the KF 1.0 rifle. However this is not true for the rifle as it is. Again I've sniped targets in order with the M9, almost everyone has at some point, but some shots go off target, the same can be said for the L22 as we have all seen the bullets and hits miss their mark on a number of occasion. Not to say that it would be a sharpshooters weapon, as it has no multiplier and thus is a general weapon for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The adding of an smg is supposed to replace the job of the bullpup as a medium to short range weapon, and put the bullpup into the longer range category.​

I still don't understand how that makes sense. You want to add a much lower powered weapon to keep people from using a more powerful for short distances?

If you put some effort into changing the configuration it would be more popular instead of having 2 weapons that are similar.

That doesn't make sense either. Adding a weapon isn't going to make another weapon more popular. Increasing the number of weapons doesn't make anyone use older weapons more.

Case 1: People like the MP5 more than the bullpup so they use the MP5 more. Bullpup is less popular.

Case 2: People like the bullpup more than the mp5 so the same amount of people who liked the bullpup before still use the bullpup.

That is what I have been explaining, the configurations need to be changed just a tad so that there aren't 2 weapons that are close in damage and design. For the record the L22 is an assult rifle that shoots 5.56, it should be the same as an M4 carbine in comparison. Ive explained this before

But it is more accurate than the m4. Or it should be. I don't care enough to look it accuracy reports (if they exist), but the purpose of the bullpup design is a long barrel in a CQB config. The M4 just shortens the barrel.

If you add an MP5 you would have to even out the field by making the bullpup have something to its name, say accuracy, then the weapons would even out.

If you add an MP5. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to add the MP5. There really is no use for it and it creates balance problems. Now if someone wanted to create an MP5 model that simply replaced the MP7 (with no alt dart fire) and kept the exact same specs, I'd be for that. But who would want to use that?

Upvote 0
If you add an MP5. In my opinion, it doesn't make sense to add the MP5. There really is no use for it and it creates balance problems. Now if someone wanted to create an MP5 model that simply replaced the MP7 (with no alt dart fire) and kept the exact same specs, I'd be for that. But who would want to use that?

I love the Mp5 navy in every shoot em up that has it. I would prefer it as an alternative to the Mp7M for the same funtion, but fewer bullets and a slower rate of fire for ever so slightly more damage. Only because the empty your clip in half a second aspect of the Mp7 gets on my nerves, like the scar does :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still don't understand how that makes sense. You want to add a much lower powered weapon to keep people from using a more powerful for short distances?

You've gotten it mixed up. The bullpup would gain accuracy at the loss of speed (small amount), and would retain its damage. The smg would have a high rate of fire, but would have less damage intended for short range.

That doesn't make sense either. Adding a weapon isn't going to make another weapon more popular. Increasing the number of weapons doesn't make anyone use older weapons more.

I use the Winchester so does everyone else, as well as the LAW "depending on the situation"

Case 1: People like the MP5 more than the bullpup so they use the MP5 more. Bullpup is less popular.
Case 2: People like the bullpup more than the mp5 so the same amount of people who liked the bullpup before still use the bullpup.

Absolutely not, the bullpup is for long range takedown as well as a useful weapon to anyone who knows how to use it properly. While the smg's weight, rate of fire, and attachments would make it an asset to the medic or anyone with the weight capacity.

But it is more accurate than the m4. Or it should be. I don't care enough to look it accuracy reports (if they exist), but the purpose of the bullpup design is a long barrel in a CQB config. The M4 just shortens the barrel.

You should care about this, In reality it is Ive stated that before, thus it should be more accurate. By British Army reports the L85 exceeded the M16 in accuracy and gained the title of the most accurate in its class, so yes your right. And shouldn't be replaced by an American counterpart.

Actually this entire topic has been about leveling out the balance issues, look back to my previous posts. Others have given their input about the weapon and say that it should be a medic's weapon, even if this were true the bullpup would need the increase so that the bullpup and smg aren't competing in performance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just bumping to show my support for this thread. I think Colt is right on the money for what the L22 needs (to turn back into the L85, like it was originally). The MP5 would be a nice addition, though I do think that some other perks need the additional weapon lovin's a bit more at this moment.

IMO, Mp5 should have superior RoF and inferior damage for slightly higher DPS than current L22, but much more inaccuracy. L85A2 should just be the same stats as the L22 currently is, exept with slightly less damage and significantly better accuracy (note: if a SUSAT scope is added, it should be no more than 1.2x magnification)

Upvote 0
What the hell, the bullpup is BY FAR one of the most accurate gun in the game. At very long range it actually starts to outperform SCAR because of its negligible recoil - you could delivery many more headshots out to the maximum drawing distance with bullpup than SCAR, as SCAR requires much more time reacquiring the aim after each shot than bullpup. Yes it does low damage per shot, but that's irrelevant because it's so accurate you easily shave off all the heads in a crowd before the specimen could even walk into the effective engagement distance of say a M14

Upvote 0
I like this idea. The lack of recoil and the big magazine on the L22 never made sense to me, I've always thought the P90 would be a more suitable model considering how the weapon works. It also seems a bit odd that the 9mm pistol does more damage per shot than a 5.56mm carbine.

Sure, the L22 is accurate enough to get headshots, but it takes more than one headshot to kill clots with it on suicidal. The AK on the other hand delivers one hit kills with headshots. Unless you mostly get body shots, the AK will always kill specimens much more quickly than the L22. You also have to stand still and stay on target to get several headshots, which is a major weakness. Bullpup may be more efficient on hard, but the AK is just better in every way on suicidal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love the Mp5 navy in every shoot em up that has it. I would prefer it as an alternative to the Mp7M for the same funtion, but fewer bullets and a slower rate of fire for ever so slightly more damage. Only because the empty your clip in half a second aspect of the Mp7 gets on my nerves, like the scar does :)

Upvote 0