• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Low Levels on Suicidalserver

He is right.

You level up ss perk by "destorying" zeds's head. Try it on beginner, use 9mm to head shot a fp, you have to head shot a fp a couple of times to kill it. And It only count as one head shot in the ss class.

And, try to shoot a bloat on suicidual. 2 head shots to remove his head if you are not a sharpshooter, one headshot is count BEFORE the bloat dies.

Upvote 0
He is right.

You level up ss perk by "destorying" zeds's head. Try it on beginner, use 9mm to head shot a fp, you have to head shot a fp a couple of times to kill it. And It only count as one head shot in the ss class.

And, try to shoot a bloat on suicidual. 2 head shots to remove his head if you are not a sharpshooter, one headshot is count BEFORE the bloat dies.

Yeah, I asked this same question earlier and it was explained to me that killing a specimen and decapitating it are two different things. If I pop off a bloat's head, I get the HS but the bloat is still alive although losing health quickly. If someone else kills him then they get the kill.

Upvote 0
What's the problem with level 3's? I'm a level 3 sharpshooter and I got over $3000 in only about 2-3 waves.

Its mostly because most people believe a level 3 is **** compared to a level six and like you said a level doesnt mean ****. A crossbow with a level 0 Sharpshooter can still kill a fleshpound, or a shotgun with a support :D.

But alot of low levels are total idiots so meh :/

Upvote 0
He is wrong.
Only if it drops the enemy instantly, it counts towards the SS points.
Just popping the head and letting them bleed out does nothing. I would know.
ORLY?

Code:
if( bIsHeadShot )
{
  // Play a sound when someone gets a headshot TODO: Put in the real sound here
  if( bIsHeadShot )
  {
    PlaySound( ... );
  }
  HeadHealth -= LastDamageAmount;
  if( HeadHealth <= 0 || Damage > Health )
  {
    // Award headshot here, not when zombie died.
    if( ... )
      bLaserSightedEBRM14Headshotted = ... && M14EBRBattleRifle( ... ).bLaserActive;
    ...Static.ScoredHeadshot( ... , bLaserSightedEBRM14Headshotted);
    RemoveHead();
  }
}

static function ScoredHeadshot( ... , bool bLaserSightedM14EBRKill)
{
  if ( KFStatsAndAchievements != none && Default.bSniperWeapon )
    KFStatsAndAchievements.AddHeadshotKill(bLaserSightedM14EBRKill);
}

If you aim at the head and head health is reduced to zero or less (which means zed will be decapitated and bleed out after a set period of time) OR zombie health is reduced to zero or less (which means zed instant died from the shot) - THEN you will score a "head shot".

IF you score a "head shot" AND you used a weapon classed as Sniper Weapon THEN you will get an additional headshot kill that count towards your sharpshooter perk.

IF the shot was also made with EBR with laser sight active THEN the shot will in addition also count towards some sort of laser sighted M14EBR-achievement.

They did chang the code around a bit since i played a year ago (mostly to add the EBR laser sight achievement code parts) but removing a head from a zed with the correct weapon will still count towards your sharpshooter perk.

This is also very easy to verify in-game btw (which I did several times when I played a year ago).

Regards,
Monolithos.

Upvote 0
ORLY?

Code:
if( bIsHeadShot )
{
  // Play a sound when someone gets a headshot TODO: Put in the real sound here
  if( bIsHeadShot )
  {
    PlaySound( ... );
  }
  HeadHealth -= LastDamageAmount;
  if( HeadHealth <= 0 || Damage > Health )
  {
    // Award headshot here, not when zombie died.
    if( ... )
      bLaserSightedEBRM14Headshotted = ... && M14EBRBattleRifle( ... ).bLaserActive;
    ...Static.ScoredHeadshot( ... , bLaserSightedEBRM14Headshotted);
    RemoveHead();
  }
}

static function ScoredHeadshot( ... , bool bLaserSightedM14EBRKill)
{
  if ( KFStatsAndAchievements != none && Default.bSniperWeapon )
    KFStatsAndAchievements.AddHeadshotKill(bLaserSightedM14EBRKill);
}
If you aim at the head and head health is reduced to zero or less (which means zed will be decapitated and bleed out after a set period of time) OR zombie health is reduced to zero or less (which means zed instant died from the shot) - THEN you will score a "head shot".

IF you score a "head shot" AND you used a weapon classed as Sniper Weapon THEN you will get an additional headshot kill that count towards your sharpshooter perk.

IF the shot was also made with EBR with laser sight active THEN the shot will in addition also count towards some sort of laser sighted M14EBR-achievement.

They did chang the code around a bit since i played a year ago (mostly to add the EBR laser sight achievement code parts) but removing a head from a zed with the correct weapon will still count towards your sharpshooter perk.

This is also very easy to verify in-game btw (which I did several times when I played a year ago).

Regards,
Monolithos.

YES
that means when i was lvl 4 in the suicidal server on wave 3 (joined that wave) I WAS getting hs's some flame douche stole them after i decapped them, i had like 3 kills and he got like a hundred, he is a high grade douche

Upvote 0
YES
that means when i was lvl 4 in the suicidal server on wave 3 (joined that wave) I WAS getting hs's some flame douche stole them after i decapped them, i had like 3 kills and he got like a hundred, he is a high grade douche

Don't you just hate that?

The only time i condone KS'ing is when the spec is a direct threat, i.e. a decapped gorefast within 1-2 metres of a teammate... or a burning spec in the same range.

Upvote 0
It is getting more and more funny each time I see 6lvs in hard or normal servers.

I am 6lved in ss, support, zerker and demo, so I play normal or hard using my 3lv commando to level up. And I keep seeing 6lvs joining and NONE and I mean NONE of them know how to play hard, not to mention suicidual.

Two 6lv support dies at first wave!? My face is like "WTF?" when I join and see how two of them is playing. They steal kills from each other. All they want is get as much kill as possible. As a redult, both of them dont give a **** when a bloat appears. What next? Both of them get killed by the bloat:(

Then the map is changed to west london. I dont even care about them on wave 1-4 and I go solo to try and get ak47+ scar as fast as possible cos I know I cannot rely on them. And thanks for the 6lv bonus dmg, they get most of the kills. Two more low lv joined at around wave 3-4 and finally a "non-noob" join the server (lv 4 zerker), at least I can tell he is not a noob by his skill.

Then scrakes starts to spawn. And that two 6lv support changed to commando (one 5lv and one 6lv) I was thinking, WHY? Why change to commando when scrakes starts to come!? What they do is rage EVEY scrake they see by SCAR but was unable to kill them. The zerker typed what I totally agreed: stop shooting the scrakes u noobs. And you know what? Those two "high levels" start to say things like I am 6lv, and all of you are at lower levels, so stfu. :eek:<--- this is what my face probably looked at that moment. And yes, fleshpounds appears at the following wave. They are the first two to die and rage leave.

May be I really should play suicidual even my commando perk is only 3lv. The chance of some non-idiot players joining suicidual is much higher than hard IMO. Hard mode seems to be used by some unskilled 6lv showing some lower level players how "pro" they are.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is getting more and more funny each time I see 6lvs in hard or normal servers.

I am 6lved in ss, support, zerker and demo, so I play normal or hard using my 3lv commando to level up. And I keep seeing 6lvs joining and NONE and I mean NONE of them know how to play hard, not to mention suicidual.

Two 6lv support dies at first wave!? My face is like "WTF?" when I join and see how two of them is playing. They steal kills from each other. All they want is get as much kill as possible. As a redult, both of them dont give a **** when a bloat appears. What next? Both of them get killed by the bloat:(

Then the map is changed to west london. I dont even care about them on wave 1-4 and I go solo to try and get ak47+ scar as fast as possible cos I know I cannot rely on them. And thanks for the 6lv bonus dmg, they get most of the kills. Two more low lv joined at around wave 3-4 and finally a "non-noob" join the server (lv 4 zerker), at least I can tell he is not a noob by his skill.

Then scrakes starts to spawn. And that two 6lv support changed to commando (one 5lv and one 6lv) I was thinking, WHY? Why change to commando when scrakes starts to come!? What they do is rage EVEY scrake they see by SCAR but was unable to kill them. The zerker typed what I totally agreed: stop shooting the scrakes u noobs. And you know what? Those two "high levels" start to say things like I am 6lv, and all of you are at lower levels, so stfu. :eek:<--- this is what my face probably looked at that moment. And yes, fleshpounds appears at the following wave. They are the first two to die and rage leave.

May be I really should play suicidual even my commando perk is only 3lv. The chance of some non-idiot players joining suicidual is much higher than hard IMO. Hard mode seems to be used by some unskilled 6lv showing some lower level players how "pro" they are.

That's because they probably hacked their accounts. I've had several people join my Suicidal servers with their maxed out perks only to die every single wave. I look up their community profile page and it says 6 total hours in KF. Maxed out Firebug and Commando in 6 hours??? I don't think so. I ban them and insult the **** out of them on their community profile page. Pisses me off.

Either that or they were drunk.

Upvote 0

Drop your corpses. Especially on suicidal servers. Headless corpses can still do damage. Headless corpses can still block movement. Letting them walk around is dangerous and lazy. Drop your corpses or don't complain when others do it for you.

Upvote 0
Drop your corpses. Especially on suicidal servers. Headless corpses can still do damage. Headless corpses can still block movement. Letting them walk around is dangerous and lazy. Drop your corpses or don't complain when others do it for you.

i highly suggest against this. if it was still like mod then yes, but now that they die a few seconds after decap, its a waste of ammo and a waste of time.

Upvote 0
Oh I totally agree btw dude, if I was going for the achievements I would be well annoyed at low level joiners... but I play KF for the laugh now I've got them all, so its all for the LoLz for me :)

So to be fair my arguement is pants :p

haha same here, i used to get so pissed at lower lvls joining when i was going for the achievements

Upvote 0