• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: HK MK23

Yes I COULD but I wont :D. No seriously we don't intend to make more pistols as they are double the work of a rifle.....
Actually we'll give the medic a new weapon

@Vealck
Thanks for the usefull feedback. In the next patch it will cost 350 and penetration will be gone.

OH.MY.GOD.

if you make an AUG then you, sir, Are my best friend ever.

Upvote 0
I've always wanted more pistols in KF, and you've made a nice one. I found this great for mid to short range combat, due in large to it's penetration.

It has a fluid reload animation that is not too fast or too long. However, there are two things that I would like to comment on:

1. The recoil animation. It feels like there should be more kick. While the slight sidekick is ok, I found when using the iron sights and shooting multiple shots, it looks as if I'm shooting off to my right.

Once while I got stuck in the "run fast with ironsights out" glitch, I noticed the recoil animation looked much stronger and more speratic. This looked better to me.

2. The sound. When firing off single rounds it doesn't sound too bad, but when shooting multiple shots it starts to sound more like a cap gun to me.

Those are just my thoughts. In no way do I intend to belittle your work. Thanks for the great addition to KF.

Upvote 0
I've always wanted more pistols in KF, and you've made a nice one. I found this great for mid to short range combat, due in large to it's penetration.

It has a fluid reload animation that is not too fast or too long. However, there are two things that I would like to comment on:

1. The recoil animation. It feels like there should be more kick. While the slight sidekick is ok, I found when using the iron sights and shooting multiple shots, it looks as if I'm shooting off to my right.

Once while I got stuck in the "run fast with ironsights out" glitch, I noticed the recoil animation looked much stronger and more speratic. This looked better to me.

2. The sound. When firing off single rounds it doesn't sound too bad, but when shooting multiple shots it starts to sound more like a cap gun to me.

Those are just my thoughts. In no way do I intend to belittle your work. Thanks for the great addition to KF.

I really appreciate you'r feedback! Not telling me what you don't like is wrong. That's why it's a BETA ;).

1.) The iron recoil animation is already fixed. I however don't know if the hip firing animation felt too weak too.

2.)There is already a new Sound

And the Dual MK23 are 95% finished. Just some minor bugs to iron out.

Thx for the great testing guys!!!

Upvote 0
yeah the gun sounds weak, like a 22. also, it really looks like a regular usp, not an mk23.
the reload could be a little, quicker, like placing his right thumb on the slide release as he inserts the magazine, that way the force of the mag being shoved in will have load the gun.
but the long reload is maybe good for balancing.
i think its the perfect in-between gun. cant wait for what else you guys are brewing up!

In actual pistol training courses, you release the slide by grabbing it with your left hand and pulling it back off the slide lock(not called a slide release). It is easier, faster, and much less likely to screw up a reload than trying to mash that small button with one thumb. Also, shoving the mag in does not automatically load the weapon, though this occurs with Glock pistols sometimes.

So for a faster reload, you grab the slide with your left hand after loading a mag, pull it back all the way, then release.

Upvote 0
I know we are supposed to give you feed back but I really don't see anything wrong with the pistol.

Unless you count the fact that sometimes the pistol will not shoot where dove tail and the rear sights meet even though they are level. However I LOVE this feature because in reality, there will be instances where your weapon will not place your shots exactly where you aim. Now most likely this is due to operator error but as for KF missing shots occasionally is quite refreshing.

I love this mod BTW, why? Because its extremely polished, although one gripe I have is that when the slide release is pressed the slide kicks back as if the gun is in slow motion but the rest of the character is not, but its a minor flaw if any. Keep up the good work.

Upvote 0
In actual pistol training courses, you release the slide by grabbing it with your left hand and pulling it back off the slide lock

It's widely debated, and depends on the pistol and the user. Lots of people like to slingshot the slide, but it's easy to 'ride' the slide forward if you're not careful. I find it's far quicker to just hit the slide release, since you already have both hands on the weapon and it's a tiny movement to hit the slide stop, vs moving your offhand over, slingshotting, and being one-handed (and off target) until your offhand is back in place. Competition guns often have extended slide stops for this reason.

Upvote 0
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned so far:
I think you should outline the edges on your gun a little. Every gun in KF has the lighter edges. You could of course argue that you do not want to go for the worn-out look the other KF weapons have, but just a little highliting might convey the idea of a newbought gun while letting it blend in to the visual style of Kf a little.

And your mut allows you to add the "mut Mk32" (or somesuch) and "MK32 Weapons Pack" (again not 100% sure if that was the name). The second mut does neither override the 9mm nor make the M32 available at the trader, so I guess it could be some leftover from the working process.

Oh, by the way: "Now THIS is a soddin' awesome gun!"

Upvote 0
It's widely debated, and depends on the pistol and the user. Lots of people like to slingshot the slide, but it's easy to 'ride' the slide forward if you're not careful. I find it's far quicker to just hit the slide release, since you already have both hands on the weapon and it's a tiny movement to hit the slide stop, vs moving your offhand over, slingshotting, and being one-handed (and off target) until your offhand is back in place. Competition guns often have extended slide stops for this reason.

Try hitting that tiny slide lock button when people are shooting at you, and you will see what I mean. In a firefight, you lose most of your fine muscle control. I have very good aim with both a rifle and handgun, but with the adrenaline surging, I had problems hitting targets in Iraq, until I was able to control it better. I aways teach people to grab the slide and pull it back in a pistol reload for this reason. Also, the movement is part of the tap rack bang drills for a handgun malfunction, so you have to learn less movement.

As for the being off target thing, I can get a reload in fast enough where this isn't an issue. Not to mention the fact that you aren't supposed to shoot to slide lock anyways.

I conceal carry a Glock 27, and subcompacts tend to have very stiff recoil springs. This can make pushing the slide lock button more difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
2z6w1p0.gif

2hol4hs.gif

Upvote 0
you could make a MK.23, and then a USP tactical which would have a suppressor and a lazer sight on it.

the USP tactical could not be dual wielded and would be more expensive

I dunno, just a thought.

what the current model is, IS a usp tactical.
besides, the mk23 is way more expensive in real life, like around 2300$ versus about 750$ for a usp tact.

Upvote 0
Sorry for the delay but some animations needed some "improovement". After the release we'll probably never ever again make a pistol :D, as it's takes twice the work of a rifle. Every animations has to be done for Single and Dual..... The code too and so on...
Changes so far:
New Sound
Dualies
Balancing
New glowing iron sights

Upvote 0