• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF 1.0 SA80 Port by YoYoBatty

this doesnt override any weapon in KF. its not the bullpup, its the fullsize assault rifle SA80, a little stronger than the bullpup, but not as strong as a AK47. sorry that we worked on something that would upset you.

Well, someone said it was the bullpup from the mod which to me sounded like it was supposed to replace the current bullpup.

My bad.

Upvote 0
Better quit now....

although you are modelling a 50cal Barret whereas what's refered to is the Accuracy international rifle, that derived from that olympic shooting guy in the 70s - but of course you know that, and the reaction would be the same.

I accept you may have no serious plans to implement the m82 into KF however, again, i'm always astounded by ppl suggesting all these US weapons for a game set in britain.
It just shows how ameri-centric the large number of mainstream gamers are.

Although as the L96 features in many many games already, i can't exactly bang the origionality drum with this one...

Upvote 0
although you are modelling a 50cal Barret whereas what's refered to is the Accuracy international rifle, that derived from that olympic shooting guy in the 70s - but of course you know that, and the reaction would be the same.

I accept you may have no serious plans to implement the m82 into KF however, again, i'm always astounded by ppl suggesting all these US weapons for a game set in britain.
It just shows how ameri-centric the large number of mainstream gamers are.

Although as the L96 features in many many games already, i can't exactly bang the origionality drum with this one...

Hahaha :p

I didnt made this weapon, The Sorrow wanted to show me this model. It was a joke, putting this weapon in KF would be a fail.

Upvote 0
Hahaha :p

I didnt made this weapon, The Sorrow wanted to show me this model. It was a joke, putting this weapon in KF would be a fail.

yeah youd have to be a nutter to put any scoped rifle in KF - thou an iron sighted lee enfield for the SS would be cool....but joking aside it's disappointing that so many weapon suggestions/requests are the same old US kit, and few seem encouraged by the setting to suggest stuff that gamers rarely see...

Upvote 0
yeah youd have to be a nutter to put any scoped rifle in KF - thou an iron sighted lee enfield for the SS would be cool....but joking aside it's disappointing that so many weapon suggestions/requests are the same old US kit, and few seem encouraged by the setting to suggest stuff that gamers rarely see...

Well i would finish my Thompson i would have the time, was also planing to make the Lee Enfield, but for the moment, i cant.

Upvote 0
Oh boy, this would need some texture, animation, sound and positioning touch-ups (it takes up 1/4 of the screen!) to blend in with the other guns.
There's also no point in a scope if the gun doesn't even shoot where you're aiming at too, I see why they got rid of it.

this is for nostalgia purposes, we ported the SA80 from 1.0. im really tired of ppl having no clue about this, "it needs better animations, and texture bla bla, so it can fit in with the rest of the guns". now imagine telling mappers this, "your map needs better textures and static meshes so it can fit in with the retail maps", do you know how boring that would be?!

this SA80 from 1.0 is for nostalgia.

Reactions: YoYoBatty
Upvote 0
P.S. its not my fault, the key got stucked :rolleyes:

funny, i hear that all the time from grinding medics :D

the weapon is pretty good i guess. power seems about the inbetween of the bullpup and the AK. you can tell it's a port since the model itself is not very polished. one thing i noticed was how quick the reload was and that you couldnt reload with a second left mouse click......oh well. still a nice addition to have in honor of the original mod.

Upvote 0