• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Down Converting from different editor version.

Pectabyte.com

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
A few months back I blocked out a subtractive map in UT3's editor. There are a number of file formats I can export the geometry as. Is there a way to import my UT3 brush work into Killing Floors UT2.5 engine? I know I could import it as a model with .obj but I was hoping to preserve it as brush work not polygonal geometry.

A few months back I blocked out a subtractive map in UT3's editor. There are a number of file formats I can export the geometry as. Is there a way to import my UT3 brush work into Killing Floors UT2.5 engine? I know I could import it as a model with .obj but I was hoping to preserve it as brush work not polygonal geometry.

I honestly don't remember if UT3 can export as T3D, but assuming it does then you can use that.

Although chances are that UT3's brush format may be somewhat different from UE2/KFs. I know there have been converters written for porting maps from UT / UT2k4 -> UT3... So I would suggest looking for some utilities if you cannot get the T3D method working.

Upvote 0
I do remember reading on the UDN site that the subtractive worlds were more error prone lighting wise due to the fact that the lighting compile time shot up into the sky due to the big box.

Could be wrong though, but simply for the compile times alone it should be avoided. And certainly now that UDK has got lightmass, which in itself already takes a huge time to build.

Upvote 0