• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] Red Dead Redemption - Whos getting it?

The SP is fun and the only big thing I have is the annoying fact that you have to hold down A to ride the horses...I prefer the stagecoach style of set your speed and then just steer.

Now as for MP...I don't get how its supposed to be fun with tons of people. I traveled to a gang hideout and halfway through I died and spawned right at someone's side. I guess they traveled around there somehow. So I'm looking down to see targets and the asshole starts trying to shoot me. He misses horribly and I try to avoid him and ignore him and then when the challenge was complete I run out of the area's walls and call ol trusty El Senor. Only he ****ing shoots me dead AGAIN. So I finally spawned and waited for him to get close and pumped him full of shotgun shells, got on El Senor and ran away at top speed. I guess he doesn't know how to call a mount because I traveled all the way to my next destination and he was still in the same area 10 minutes later.

Another time I see these two guys on a stagecoach and I steer clear and they ****ing shoot me dead from behind as I'm on my way to another gang hideout. Why can't I be allowed to mind my own business? What about the MP am I not understanding that makes it so worth killing other human players?

Upvote 0
Public Free Roam is basically anything goes.

Private is best saved for when you want to do stuff with your friends/posse.

Whenever I play Public me and my friend team up and intentionally crash gang hideouts as people do them. It's pretty fun. I don't usually get mad when people do it to me, since just about anyone will shoot you for no reason at all in Public.

I just wish the versus game modes gave more experience. You can get nearly 1500 XP for doing a gang hideout in Free Roam, but beating a team of people on a versus mode will net you maybe 250. The only reason to even play the versus modes is if you're really damn bored. It's just too bad because capture the bag is fun as hell lol.

Upvote 0
Has anyone thought to take a tied up criminal and lay them on the train tracks and watched the results? :D I want to do this.

Also, the horsebreaking mission you do with Uncle is impossible, I can't stay on for more than 2 seconds. What the hell, it was not that hard when I did it with Bonnie, they must have done something to make it harder. That's retarded.

OK lol I did the train track thing. Took a horse thief and put him on the tracks, luckily the train was incoming to Blackwater. So I laid him down, could see the train sitting at the station. It started up, and I watched it come over...and the guy EXPLODED when the train hit him, lol, I tried to see if his body gets stuck in the grill or something but there wasn't a good road next to the train and I got distracted by a side mission.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK lol I did the train track thing. Took a horse thief and put him on the tracks, luckily the train was incoming to Blackwater. So I laid him down, could see the train sitting at the station. It started up, and I watched it come over...and the guy EXPLODED when the train hit him, lol, I tried to see if his body gets stuck in the grill or something but there wasn't a good road next to the train and I got distracted by a side mission.
LOL exploded? How do you mean that?

LOL I just did a quick search on youtube, guess this is it -> *edit* embidded youtube link won't show for some reason >_> anyways can be found under red dead redemption train vs human

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzX1f-lo1NI

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Get a PS3 ;)
Actually get a 360, as the resolution and graphics are gimped on PS3 version!!!

Although technically the PS3 is the better console overall (except for the ****ing gaybar controllers).

With humans vs trains it seems random to me, sometimes the person explodes, other times they get dragged by the train under the grill. Another funny one is to hog tie a criminal pick them up and then drop them off a cliff :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0