• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World War 2 weapons in KF

i think ImNotMeowMeow is completely redoing all the models.

Let me say this before anyone gets the wrong idea; MeowMeow did comment on the models made for this project, I'll spare you the details suffice to say his opinion was generally unsavoury. Anyway, we (Olivier and I) chose to do this project as a learning curve for us and other modders, we have no intention of giving up our education opportunity for some freelancing glory hunter who thinks he can just override other people's work because he's more experienced at doing it.

Upvote 0
With regards to the sticky grenade inquiry, it's interesting. We'd obviously need it to be alongside the fragmentation device, so to implement this we'd need grenades to become a fully animated weapon with its own slot, might be a nightmare to code, I don't know.

I don't think it should be that hard to add e.g. another "G" (grenade button) bind function client-side that sets off the anim + nade projectile, but i've been wanting to do something like that but on a wholly more unreasonable plane (like throwing husk fireballs) - so i'll get back to you on how difficult it was after i've tried it this weekend ;)

Upvote 0
Finally found a way to get ym ironsights right =D
qqqqwwwqqwwweeerreewwq.jpg

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems to me the only way to really implement a new ThrowGrenade command is to extend the KFPlayerController and KFPawn classes, which means it won't combine well with other mutators - http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=587534&page=2

However if its implemented as a weapon, so that you have to select it before firing then it shouldn't be hard to add two different types of nades in KF.. but should the original be replaced?

If so then only one of them can reuse the G button (ThrowGrenade)

I've spent the last hr or so trying to replace the PlayerController regardless.. I dont see why I can't set it in the KFMod.KFGameType section in killingfloor.ini, but I guess this all means another gametype that extends KFGameType would be necessary to bind another PlayerController function

Olivier: it's looking good :D unfortunately I have no idea how to do that either

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0