• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New weapons in lower tiers.

one of the most powerfulest perks

firebug

...Are you on crack or something? Firebugs obscure everyone's vision while doing anemic damage.

I've always maintained that the Firebug weapons should be the following:

Tier 1: Improvised Flamethrower. Sprays fire in a wide, short-ranged cone. Low direct damage.
Tier 2: M2 Flamethrower. Functions like the current one, but with more damage (or has a minor debilitating effect on Scrake / FP, just so Firebugs aren't forced to ignore them)
Tier 3: Replace the worthless LAW with the M202. Comparable direct-damage and blast radius to the LAW, adds ignite effect, and ignites enemies even at a relatively long distance from the blast. Reloads from a four-rocket pack.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...Are you on crack or something? Firebugs obscure everyone's vision while doing anemic damage.

I've always maintained that the Firebug weapons should be the following:

Tier 1: Improvised Flamethrower. Sprays fire in a wide, short-ranged cone. Low direct damage.
Tier 2: M2 Flamethrower. Functions like the current one, but with more damage (or has a minor debilitating effect on Scrake / FP, just so Firebugs aren't forced to ignore them)
Tier 3: Replace the worthless LAW with the M202. Comparable direct-damage and blast radius to the LAW, adds ignite effect, and ignites enemies even at a relatively long distance from the blast. Reloads from a four-rocket pack.

Spoiler!

you dont play firebug right then :/ :cool:

Upvote 0
J* and his broken record - Lower tier weapon needed. Blowtorch is my favourite.

Only other fix I would give is make specimens crisp up a little faster. Things like gorefasts cause issue on 6 man suicidal cause they dont crisp up fast enough.

Yeah i hate that **** xD but then again, why did you let the gore fast that close :p, Firebug + a team = Pwnage.

**** man when your in danger that firebug starts spraying you just wiped like 30 specimens.

Upvote 0

Not when used properly. Firebug is a damage multiplier for every else on the team. He makes everyone else more powerful. Don't talk trash about the firebug because 90% of the time, the firebug has no idea how to use the flame thrower.

Upvote 0
Back on to the matter at hand. Many gamers have put in their 10 pence and given us the ideas of new if not very obscure concepts. I suppose if an American M14 can get into Britain, then the possibilities aren't as limited. People have discussed additions such as MP5s, P90s, Browning Hi-Powers, L1A1s, Sterlings, 1911s, SA80/AG36, and incendiary weapons for firebug. While they might be well thought out, they would need someone willing to model them, and there are some out there, the fact is that some weapons are too close to the ideas and would need something to make them unique and actually wanted in combat other than its sleek design. But usually it is compatibility issues with coding. (I think Geneva is just conspiring against the firebug lol)

Last edited:
Upvote 0