• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

moral force in RO HOS

JOHN_MACCLANE

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 22, 2007
+moral force :
It will be cool if in RO 2 we can see teh effect of morals force in the struggle of stalingrad !
Maybe it will be good if tripwire developpers create a same effect look like in combat mission 2 :

"russian wave !" (it is not a physical human wave... but a russian moral force who help to have a better stamina agasint ennemies)

Maybe developpers can create a special kind of moral for german and for russian ? with specifics effects in the struggle ?

there is already a morale system in RO:OST, and its so simple it doesn't even have to be programmed into the game;)

Sure there is morale in game but its the morale of the person playing the game. If teammates get killed with the guts splatting on your face you wouldn't care less unless you were hit yourself. If you're wounded nothing happens to you its as if nothing happened.

The morale you obtain through the game misses a lot of input, and a secondary system if done well could be a nice asset. The main thing is that it shouldn't feel like you're losing control over your character. It should be more like that old television where you sometimes you to hit it to get it to work ok again. So you still feel like you're in full control but it just got some perks now or then.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sure there is morale in game but its the morale of the person playing the game. If teammates get killed with the guts splatting on your face you wouldn't care less unless you were hit yourself. If you're wounded nothing happens to you its as if nothing happened.

The morale you obtain through the game misses a lot of input, and a secondary system if done well could be a nice asset. The main thing is that it shouldn't feel like you're losing control over your character. It should be more like that old television where you sometimes you to hit it to get it to work ok again. So you still feel like you're in full control but it just got some perks now or then.

Gotta disagree with your first paragraph there. When I first saw our attacks spearhead to be mowed down by two MG42 I was kinda shocked. Not to mention when my pal got hit into chest by PTRD. But yeah, having spent over four years on eastern front I don't care about it anymore. Dunno, if RO:HOS will have more gore to shake my mental foundations.

Upvote 0
well if anything gore doesn't shock me at all. I play with 100% pure rational thought, there is no real play of morale.

When sitting in my heated room in a comfortable computer chair eating some snacks while playing redorchestra, it feels different than when you're laying on the ground with -40 without proper winter clothing while being depraved from food.

When a pawn dies and re-spawns 10 seconds later its different from having a guy die that you've known for a few months. You do get effects and inputs from gaming but its pretty much neglectable.

Upvote 0