• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How many pipebombs do you need to kill the Patriarch? Click here to find out.

Pipe Bombs do 2400 damage each at lvl 6 demo.
Patriarch has 33250 health on Suicidal with 6 players.
Therefore, it takes 14 pipe bombs to kill him.
Q.E.D.

Pipes do less damage if stacked, or if he runs past them before they go off, so there's strategy involved in getting him to walk over them just right, but it is categorically possible to kill him with 14 pipes on six-player suicidal.

Upvote 0
On solo on doom I test it using cheats and i put like 35 bombs on the door and cole it without welding and when he opens the door they BLOW UP IN HIS FACE!!!! Killing him instantly. but thats my way of doing it! It works every time........For me anyway!

This is a very good strategy, actually.

The key is NOT welding the door.

If you weld the door, he will shoot it with a rocket, detonating the pipes prematurely, and quite possibly killing you and all of your teammates in the process.

The rocket can detonate the pipes on the other side of the door, and if the door is closed when the rocket detonates, then even if the door breaks on the first shot, the damage from the pipes will not penetrate the door to his side.

If, however, you close, but DO NOT WELD the door, he will stand right up against the other side of the door and open it, causing the pipe bombs to go off immediately with him standing right on top of them

Upvote 0
This is a very good strategy, actually.

The key is NOT welding the door.

If you weld the door, he will shoot it with a rocket, detonating the pipes prematurely, and quite possibly killing you and all of your teammates in the process.

The rocket can detonate the pipes on the other side of the door, and if the door is closed when the rocket detonates, then even if the door breaks on the first shot, the damage from the pipes will not penetrate the door to his side.

If, however, you close, but DO NOT WELD the door, he will stand right up against the other side of the door and open it, causing the pipe bombs to go off immediately with him standing right on top of them

You do notice that he said he did not weld the door right?

Upvote 0
As far as pipebombs go I know they get the job done but wow they can be really really cheap in more ways than one. Is this what we've become? We have to rely on cowardly tactics to kill a boss? Personally I prefer the sneaking around corners and whatnot and lining up headshots with an xbow, it's much more exciting than sitting behind a welded door, hearing a bunch of explosions then slowmo green rain. Meh.. not as fulfilling for me.

Upvote 0