• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Fan Art :)

Miro!

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Paris, France
Made some logo proposal.
Hope u guyz will enjoy it as i do :cool: :D

risingstormlogo2.jpg

I still could tweak with more shadows under that I and N of the RISING word to make it more readable above the army men of Iwo Jima but it's fine so for me :)

I hope i'll get in the dev team, i'm sooo motivated and excited :rolleyes:
I could make a good use of my future intuos4 tablet.

Oh yeah, and people feel free to share what you like to draw / create here on that future RS awesome game :D

Last edited:
Driving me kind of crazy...what font is that in red? Looks a lot like Knockout but obviously isn't due to the "R"

Another thing I thought of about your logo is that the use of the Iwo Jima flag raising may be a little bias toward the US and I think that Tripwire does a good job of trying to remain neutral. (correct me if I am wrong)

Edit: God I hope I make the team. I have big ideas! One includes a custom typeface :D. I have actually already begun sketching it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
VERY nice Micro. A lot of ways to go with it but that is a great theme. Since the mod is focused on both the US and Japanese forces, perhaps an idea with a Japanese theme and/or one with a more common theme which is not identified with one nation over another might be appealing as well.

I would love to see some of your other work...any chance you do textures; ever done anything for vehicle paint/texture work; any interest in that?

Upvote 0
Miro's is one of several good applications we have had for the position of mod graphic artist.

We have also had several good ones for texture and environmental artist.

I tend to agree with Slyk that a logo should not favour one side over the other - like HoS, the aim is to show that both sides fought bravely in the battles.

Another small point is that the emblem of the IJA had 16 rays (equally spaced and of equal size to the spaces) around the central sun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hadnt thought about using that picture making it centered on one side too much yet.
To me it just spoke to my imagination because it is the most famous pic of that theatre of war i know of, and it made it immediately clear to me what to expect :)

Personally i dont think it's too big of a deal to use that picture, and i doubt most people will go 'omg america bias' when looking at it.

EDIT:
For those other two examples, i like the first one with the flags in a circle the best.

Upvote 0
Yeah thx all for ur interest in this upcoming awesome mod :)
This work is still WIP and i'll get it perfect when it's time.
I'll check ur propositions which are all quite good to me :)

i'lll be back with some progress soon :)

--------------

Texturing is somthg i always wanted to do.
I just need to give it a start as it may become true with this new Mod and the Iron Europe one to :)
Don't be shy SLyk to drop some MP about ur ideas.
I'm trully interestd :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looking good, second one is better one.

About that "logo". Logo should explain the thing behind it. And that
images really do it as its most known photo from Pacific War in here
western countries. Not maybe in Japan, but are the Japanese a main
target group, i dont believe so.

So i say its good as it is. Adding more things to there just
ruins the theme, which got simple font, simple image etc.

Upvote 0
love the font! :)

i also liked this one the best so far with the flags in the bottom circle part:

risingstormlogo2b.jpg

what about possibly adding some storm clouds in the background to emphasize the "rising storm"? maybe you could keep the iwo jima flag rising in the background somewhere since it is such a famous image, but perhaps balance that out with a japanese symbol, maybe the katana idea that sam suggested?

Upvote 0