• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

climb in a tank

In the russian army the normally had the hatches unlocked so friendly soldiers can save the tankcrew if the tank was hit and on fire.

But no matter if it were locked or not, tankcommanders open their hatch ingame to look out, so if you shoot the tankcommander the hatch would be wide open, and it would be possible to drop a nade inside... :cool:

...I think thats a feature that was missing in Ostfront.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
it sounds cool and all that... but I have to wonder how often it would be used, usually tank commanders won't stick their heads out of the hatch if they think it's going to get shot off

in a game like RO, where you don't need help getting out of a tank if it is hit, what is the reasoning for ever unlocking the hatch except when escaping from the tank?

Like I said before, I think it would be cool to do, but it seems like a lot of work for a feature that really won't be used often and probly won't work on anyone but newb tankers

Upvote 0
to add up on this, how about animations for getting into a vehicle and out of a vehicle? That would be nice as I always could wreck my keyboard when I'm firing my panzerfaust at a Russian tank and the bastid can get out there like one second and can shoot me with this PPSh at the ready! WTF? Yeah, indeed "WTF?", this should be changed as it's simply annoying and way of realism.

Upvote 0
to add up on this, how about animations for getting into a vehicle and out of a vehicle? That would be nice as I always could wreck my keyboard when I'm firing my panzerfaust at a Russian tank and the bastid can get out there like one second and can shoot me with this PPSh at the ready! WTF? Yeah, indeed "WTF?", this should be changed as it's simply annoying and way of realism.

+1

seconded.

Upvote 0