• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vote: Player DLC package

Anubis_FB

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2009
Madera, CA
The contents of the DLC will be for ppl who would like additional things in the game, like alt suits for current avatars or even add the gunslinger perk as a bonus, but not take away the pistols from the SS for the ppl who do not get the dlc.

Reason for this is there are alot of good ideas, but I think the only way TWI will listen to them is if they are put into a player paid content that does not mess up the current game for other players. So you get DLC for KF that does not effect that game of ppl who do not get the DLC but you can have it for $5. It is player voted and a bonus that TWI will do for the player loyalty.

Im not saying that it should be decided here on what goes in the DLC, yes or no if you want a player voted DLC. One that does not effect TWIs long term plan for KF.

It wouldnt be game altering if you put the gunslinger in the game and not take it away from the SS. The perk would be more of a bonus perk. The SS already has a pistol bonus, so the only thing you would put in there that is diff from the SS is the ability to hold more ammo. If you take it away from the SS then it is game changing, but if you add it in as a player bonus perk then no it can do everything the SS can do but with more ammo.

Game changing? no
Make players happy and stop complaining? yes

Upvote 0
It wouldnt be game altering if you put the gunslinger in the game and not take it away from the SS. The perk would be more of a bonus perk. The SS already has a pistol bonus, so the only thing you would put in there that is diff from the SS is the ability to hold more ammo. If you take it away from the SS then it is game changing, but if you add it in as a player bonus perk then no it can do everything the SS can do but with more ammo.

Game changing? no

It would be game altering, I see what your trying to say (I think...), but think of adding in a new perk to the game as adding in a new chromosome to a person. If you add in another chromosome your going to change something about that person making him/her different (downs, sick-cell, ect) or in other words altering game-play.

Upvote 0

Game changing? no
Dude, any new weapon or perk is game changing.
If it has any practical use to achieving the games goal, it is more than just a cosmetic change like new skins.
You might as well say "putting another gun in isn't game changing because you can still use the old ones".

It would split the community. You do not want that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude, any new weapon or perk is game changing.
If it has any practical use to achieving the games goal, it is more than just a cosmetic change like new skins.
You might as well say "putting another gun in isn't game changing because you can still use the old ones".

It would split the community. You do not want that.

maybe I am not making myself clear, so I will further explain the "Perk bonus" I am talking about. The gunslinger you are refering to has a revolver for a t3 weapon. I never said anything about adding things into the game like that. I myself am againts the gunslinger perk, however if you did put one in, I feel you should use the normal weapons in game (9mm and handcannon) and just use the SS normal stats with more ammo storage.

Is that game changing? Nope

I think you ppl were under the impression I wanted to take the gunslinger perk as ppl had wanted it in its post by taking away the pistols from the SS and adding more weapons.

Does this change the game? Majorly

This not only brings in a new wepon for a new perk, but now the SS needs to be balanced for its weapons. I beleive a said that it has a T1, T2, and T3 weapon (LAR, M14, and Xbow). Ok, can you fit the LAR, or M14 while carrying the Xbow? nope. So now you have to rebalance because I beleive you can carry the LAR and the M14, but most ppl carried pistols. So now your going to force ppl to use the LAR and M14? How about playing KF with no more Xbow users because of this.
This means a new rifle will have to come in or the weight will have to be changed, so you can carry 2 of the 3 weapons.

Thats why the SS has the pistols, its to give the SS a secondary weapon.

As posted in the the gunslinger will effect the game and I dont feel it will ever happen simply because it will change the SS class to much by bringing it and TWI will have to add more things to make a Pistol based class. I enjoy clearing a room with 2X handcannons as much as the next guy, but to make a perk based off of it and remove it from another class is a bit to much.

That is game changing.

Upvote 0
This not only brings in a new wepon for a new perk, but now the SS needs to be balanced for its weapons. I beleive a said that it has a T1, T2, and T3 weapon (LAR, M14, and Xbow). Ok, can you fit the LAR, or M14 while carrying the Xbow? nope. So now you have to rebalance because I beleive you can carry the LAR and the M14, but most ppl carried pistols. So now your going to force ppl to use the LAR and M14? How about playing KF with no more Xbow users because of this.
This means a new rifle will have to come in or the weight will have to be changed, so you can carry 2 of the 3 weapons.

Thats why the SS has the pistols, its to give the SS a secondary weapon.

That's why, on the gunslinger suggestion, we proposed changing SS's weapon's weight, so he can carry LAR and Xbow.

It'd go like this:
M14's weight +1 (From 5 to 6)
LAR's weight -1 (From 6 to 5)
Xbow's weight -1 (From 10 to 9)

With this, not only will medics'n'zerkers be able to carry pipe bombs as well, but a SS would have his backup weapon, and also reduce the likelyhood of someone using the EBR with another perk (due to its increased weight).

Upvote 0