• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Lots of ideas split 2: Active Perk Powers?

I like the idea of getting an "Active" ability ... (stealed to Borderland? x) ).
I'm against the fact that medic could rez .. It's a survival game, no "second chance" imo .
I'm scrapping the Rez myself. That was just the only thought i had at first.

Here's my ideas :

- Medic : When activate, the medic will have an aura ( 10 m radius?) that will heal each member who will be close enough to the medic . (1/2/3/4 hp by seconds, depending of the perk's level). Lasts 10 sec maybe?
Hmmm.... Interesting idea, but it might be a bit too powerful with Medics only, if it stacks. Plus, it seems, even for a game with healing darts and monstrous clones, quite unrealistic. This game after all TRIES to be quite realistic.

- Support : When triggered, double the number of pellets with the appropriate shotgun for X time . AA will have decent pellets by shot , hunting shotgun will fire something like 50 pellets with alt-fire xD . ( It will give a good burst .. but that's a "rambo" idea =/ ).
Urgh, no please. I don't like totally strange weapon behaviour changes like that. Doesn't make sense and is TOO unrealisitic.
It's one thing that your perk gives passive powers (doesnt "make sense" either, but i think it works just fine.) but in an active way? No, no.
I don't like the Hunting Shotguns shot difference either, with 5(x2) pellets on single shots and all of a sudden a 12 pellet shot if you fire both at once. I mean what?
So, even more so: NO to that idea. (Sorry for sounding harsh :/)

OR

Airstrike : Throw a smokegrenade .... and watch the show x) .
Ummm... yeah well... just no... :rolleyes:

- Commandos : When triggered, gives the ability to get a radar who will spot the weapons / supply box / kevlar on the map for X time . (I think about a new perk with that ... the Survivalist or smth like that xD).
Interesting. Very interesting idea :) Good one!

- Berzerk : Your idea is very good .
Thanks :p I think it will help against Fleshies and the Pat alot.

- Sharp : The "Eagle eyes" idea is awesome .
Just like the "double pellet" idea, i don't like this one, with increased damage all of a sudden etc. It works just fine with melee weapons cuz you use your own strength and when you berserk... well you should be stronger :p But rifles and stuff becoming more powerful all of a sudden for a brief moment? Just ... no.

- Firebug : Ive got no point for this one ^^' .

- Demolitions : Same
Okidoo

- Gunslingers : When triggered , become Revolver Ocelot for 6/8/10/12/14/16 seconds and open fire with double Single Action Army , YAY !
Kay i'm out -> [] .
(Soz for the bad english x) )
Lol xD
No comment :rolleyes:

Oh, and thanks for your thorough answers and ideas (even though i may sound very harsh n critical, i welcome as many ideas as you can come up with!)!

Upvote 0
How about this:

Depending on the class, you get a special bar that fills up depending on whether or not you're doing your job properly (Sharpshooters = Headshots!!!!!). And you have the ability to use it as soon as you get maybe 25% of it filled up OR you can wait another wave or so and let it go when its at 100%. Maybe we can call it a Morale bar and each slot in the Morale bar has a different power activate. By using one power

Ideas for "Morale" bar << Yes I know this is a total ripoff of Warhammer lol

Medic Morale Bar: Increases with heals
1.(Req. Level 3 Medic) Medic!! - 10% more run speed for a short moment
2.(Req. Level 4 Medic) Overdose! - Potency/Recharge of both darts for MP7 and syringe are increased by another 25% for a short time.
3.(Req. Level 5 Medic) Morphine grenade - Replaces grenade with an aoe nullifying effect. It could temporarily remove screen effects or partially resist siren aoe.
4.(Req. Level 6 Medic) Experiment XR29 - For the next X amount of seconds anyone that is healed by the medic will receive a fast HoT as well as an extra 25 to HP, being damaged below 100 will reset 125 back to normal.

It's a start, I'll post more depending on reaction

Upvote 0
I'm liking a lot of these ideas. I don't think they would make KF any more of an RPG than the perks we already have do, after all the perk you choose completely defines your fighting style as it is.

I thought of a bug-out button for the berserker on my own. Imagine a zerker stabbing himself in the heart with an adrenaline syringe and proceeding to own everything in the immediate vicinity. He could temporarily run faster, swing faster, and jump higher (high enough to clear a crawler). During the effect, every melee weapon would swing automatically as long as you hold down the fire button. Also, for the duration siren damage would be ignored. If berserker could do this, it would actually be useful for more than a sellable chainsaw and free body armor on suicidal. If you find this idea too powerful, you could just give berserker triggerable zed time, so if you get stuck surrounded you could activate it and kill everything around you in slo mo, in turn triggering MORE zed time through extensions.

Another idea I had for berserker was a dedicated melee attack button, sort of like the knife in the newer Call of Duty games. Rather than taking the time to switch weapons, your guy would just draw and slice with the katana/machete/knife one-handed within a millisecond. Great for insta-gibbing the ones who get close when your gun's out, but it would be slower than switching to the melee weapon if you need to kill a group in melee. Plus, if you had a dedicated berserker melee button you could use it to add a third, zerker only type of melee attack for each weapon that would activate if you hit the instant melee button with a melee weapon equipped.

My idea for support was pretty similar, I'd just give him amphetamines. When you take them your guy racks the slide on the pump-action much faster and reload speed is increased drastically for every weapon (which means significantly higher DPS for the hunting gun). Also, movement speed would be increased as though all you were carrying was a 9mm and a knife, even if your inventory is fully loaded.

I really like the battlefield awareness idea for commando (in fact I prefer it to my own), but I'll post mine anyways: Spider sense. Right before a specimen behind the commando or outside his FOV comes into melee range, the borders of the screen would flash red for an instant and a sound would play, so you have a split second to turn around and shoot the specimen. I know situational awareness is the player's job, but it would be nice to have a little forewarning, after all commando is supposed to have the best reflexes and be the most observant. You could just trigger this ability if you find yourself alone in a dark hallway with no one to watch your back, and rest assured that you will at least know you are boned when they creep up on you.

If they do add drugs this powerful, I'd prefer they be available only once per wave, so timing would be critical. Wait a minute... is there a law against showing drug use as beneficial? I guess you could just go the Fallout route and give them fictional names.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dunno.... I kinda get the feeling that while some of the perk advantages are a little out there, Killing Floor does have a degree of logic and realism too it. Things like faster reload, more ammo, larger clips and even more damage for example can be looked at as that classes skill and knowledge of their equipment.

e.g. an expert in shotgun weaponry you would expect to be able to inflict more damage upon his target than a shotgun novice, and he would be able to carry more ammo and equipment due to his familiarity and practise doing so.

Adding power ups for these perks is a little too far removed from realism for me. Then again maybe I just don't like the idea and am deliberately trying to poke holes in it...

Either way, I think I would like the game less were these to be implemented.

Upvote 0
I dunno.... I kinda get the feeling that while some of the perk advantages are a little out there, Killing Floor does have a degree of logic and realism too it. Things like faster reload, more ammo, larger clips and even more damage for example can be looked at as that classes skill and knowledge of their equipment.

e.g. an expert in shotgun weaponry you would expect to be able to inflict more damage upon his target than a shotgun novice, and he would be able to carry more ammo and equipment due to his familiarity and practise doing so.

Adding power ups for these perks is a little too far removed from realism for me. Then again maybe I just don't like the idea and am deliberately trying to poke holes in it...

Either way, I think I would like the game less were these to be implemented.

Thank you, this is something i forgot to explain as well.
My whole point of these "powers" is not to just add any kind of power, they must be somewhat realistic. I do not like "super powers" per se either, i wanted it more to be something extra for the class in an active and LOGICAL way. All classes have passive bonuses, so why not an active one?

And understand this: This is not about passive abilities. The whole point is that i want a (relatively realistic and logical) ACTIVE ability/item for every perk. I (nor anyone else) do not want unrealistic weapon alterations either, like Supershots or Superpiercing or something like that. The ONLY exception is the melee boost for the Berserker, but that one makes SENSE!

Also, something i have to clarify: I do not want the grenades to morph into anything else. I already feel that it's kinda strange for the Firebug in game (even though it works ofc).

So again: No grenade morphs and no ranged weapon superboosts!

Let's say the key-buttons for these powers n ****:
g - Throw grenade
c - Perk special power (JUST AN EXAMPLE PEOPLE!)

Now for the special powers and an effin overclarified explanation so you can't possibly misunderstand my point:

Support - Dropping Ammo - Purely logical and realistic, no? You drop this in front of you with the C-button. You throw grenades with G.

Medic - Quick Heal Syringe - Makes sense right? Some kind of very potent drug or painkiller. You inject this into someone with the C-button. You still throw grenades with G.

Firebug - Molotovs - They burn, they exist irl and i guess no explanation is needed... You throw these with the C-button. You still throw (REGULAR) grenades with G.

Demolitions - Pipebombs - Well, you know how they work. Drop them with the C-button. You still throw frikkin grenades with G.

Berserker - Berserk! - You go real angry, you go berserk and hit harder, run faster and can withstand more pain for a short duration. You activate this with the C-button. You still throw what with the G-button? That's right! Grenades!

Commando - Nightvision Googles - You activate these with the C-button and you get some vision bonus etc etc (not clear about the power yet). You still throw those explosive gadgest known as grenades with G.

Sharpshooter - XXXXX - You do something ... with the C-button. You still throw your mother-humping grenades with G.

Which means, ALL perks have normal grenades. The Firebug has Grenades (thrown with G) AND Molotovs (thrown with C). That way i actually make it MORE realistic than currently, cuz your grenades don't magically morph into fire grenades......
And please do not suggest any more grenade morphings please! Suggest a STANDALONE item/ability instead!

Peace out!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hum, i like the idea of the berserker which would have more HP.
Then, I propose this : why do not make a little decrease for sharpshooter ?
Indeed, they are very powerful with their headshot's damages.

About the commando, i prefer the idea of the thermal vision for an active capacity.
But then, why couldn't there be some passive capacity, like a cat-vision for the berserker which would allow him to see in dark places. Well, it would be some DNA modification ! :D

I hope that if there will have a KF 2, the developpers will take a look at all the ideas.

Upvote 0
I have C as chat, so having these abilities as C by default would wreck me... kinda.

I'd much rather have the ability as Ctrl by default. Or at least choosable.

Ofc it's choosable :) Just like any other button! And I have C as Chat too xD I would also personally change it to Ctrl (lol) when i configure my own keys :D
But, you get the idea. It's just to make the suggestion more understandable, explaining with buttons and numbers, instead of non-specific ideas (which i have seen quite alot of people here don't understand :rolleyes:)

But i'm supporting the spirit of the thread.
Awesome mate :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey,
At first I thought these things might not fit into KF but now I see things a little different (after reading for another hour^^(Hate you Aze :p))
I also think it's a good idea to make these things only accessable ONCE per wave (except Pipebombs if it gets to them being classpower^^)
Another Idea which I wanted to bring up is to make them spawn randomly on the map so you would have to look for them instead of buying (again I have problems with the DM but let's see what comes to peoples mind^^)
To the powers:
Medic:
1)Maybe a kit for repairing kevlar (10/15/20/25/30/35%?)
I'm against the healing thing because in my opinion he already has enough tools for healing
2)A friend of mine said he would like to see an "ambulance box" which he could attach to a wall and players could use to heal themselves for about 50% (also i would apply my policy for this heal, and if not used within the wave should despawn)
Sharpshooter:
1)Could get a "ghillie suit" (maybe made by Horzine) to distract (not completely but lower aggro maybe) enemys from the SS (but I'm not happy with this)
2)If it should really stack to the idea of more DMG why not giving him a (still the one per wave rule^^) projectile with something like powerfull poison or something (genetic) from Horzine to work against the zeds?
Commando:
1)Maybe a Stun-Nade (like your molotovs)? (but I don't like the idea that much for myself)
2)C4 (planting with "the mysterious button" then hit the button again to let some zeds fly^^)(another idea I do not like much)
3)Semtex-Grenade (like normal but sticks to target and by doing so deals more dmg to it)(still not proud of this idea; also could happen that the zed (FP?) moves towards the player and kills him with his own semtex :p)
Berserker:
1)I think a throwing knife would be nice doing a moderate amount of damage. (dmg should count for meele) (maybe being able to repick it but i'm not sure about that becuase of my "once-per-wave-policy")
2)The Adrenaline/Drug thing would also be ok I think
Firebug:
1)Think molotov would fit in great should burn for about 15-20secs level should amplify dmg/spray
Demolitions:
First: Make Pipebombs DM only (but not perkpower)
1)maybe make him able to defuse and take planted pipes again (would take him some time let's say 5/4.5/4/3.5/3/2.5sec?)(this could break my policy though^^; no I mean sharp pipes not exploded pipes^^)
Support:
1)Think the Ammo-package would be ok, amount of ammo provided would depend on perklevel (but still I don't really like the idea)
2)Semtex-Grenade (like normal but sticks to target and by doing so deals more dmg to it)(still not proud of this idea; also could happen that the zed (FP?) moves towards the player and kills him with his own semtex :p)
Gunslinger (if implemented):
1)Make the Zed-Time thing but only for the GS... (should work because it works in Borderlands too (Siren)) If not possible drop the idea...(just think about FP/Patty->GS->SS(X-Bow)->Headshot! or things like that)

That's all for now been thinking about this for about 2 1/2 hours^^

Greetz
Thugdil
PS:Again sorry for bad spelling etc. I'm german^^ (should really make this thing a signature! :p)

Upvote 0
Hey,
At first I thought these things might not fit into KF but now I see things a little different (after reading for another hour^^(Hate you Aze :p))
Hahaha! ^^
Thanks for taking your time and read all this mate! I really appreciate you take the time to read all my crap xD

I also think it's a good idea to make these things only accessable ONCE per wave (except Pipebombs if it gets to them being classpower^^)
Depends on the power imo. The Pipebombs for Demo and Molotovs for Firebug are examples of DEFINITELY requiring more than one. Imo, a few (like in 2-4) uses of a power, but not overly powerful as well, is the most balanced i think.

Another Idea which I wanted to bring up is to make them spawn randomly on the map so you would have to look for them instead of buying (again I have problems with the DM but let's see what comes to peoples mind^^)
Mjeeh, i would prefer it to be a "spawn with + trader"-thing. If it was randomly picked up on the map, doesn't that sorta go against your own thought of only having it ONCE per wave? ;) :p

To the powers:
Medic:
1)Maybe a kit for repairing kevlar (10/15/20/25/30/35%?)
I'm against the healing thing because in my opinion he already has enough tools for healing
Well I have heard this before and... well maybe that can work. Since it's a limited use i guess it's a good idea :)
2)A friend of mine said he would like to see an "ambulance box" which he could attach to a wall and players could use to heal themselves for about 50% (also i would apply my policy for this heal, and if not used within the wave should despawn)
Hmmm... not bad, not bad.

Sharpshooter:
1)Could get a "ghillie suit" (maybe made by Horzine) to distract (not completely but lower aggro maybe) enemys from the SS (but I'm not happy with this)
Hmmmm ok let me get this straight: You push a button and *woosh* you swap in to this camo suit all of a sudden? Remember: it should be ACTIVE powers aka press-to-use thingies. Although the concept of this suit is logical, it's no real ACTIVE power.
Although, I cannot deny that one of my older ideas (which i threw away quickly, as i deemed it way too powerful/abusive) was some kind of hide / weak stealth / aggro-dump device. Maybe I should put that up as another idea of the Sharpie power?
2)If it should really stack to the idea of more DMG why not giving him a (still the one per wave rule^^) projectile with something like powerfull poison or something (genetic) from Horzine to work against the zeds?
A powerful poison shot? First of all, it doesn't make sense (not to me at least) to give to the Sharpshooter. Second, a poison takes some time to deal damage. Sharpshooters could kill faster with their rifles instead, sorta their thing to do that xD Third, ignoring the other 2 points, only ONE shot? That's way too weak. Like i said: Once per wave cannot be the general rule. The number of uses depends of the power (and level of the perk ofc)

Commando:
1)Maybe a Stun-Nade (like your molotovs)? (but I don't like the idea that much for myself)
2)C4 (planting with "the mysterious button" then hit the button again to let some zeds fly^^)(another idea I do not like much)
3)Semtex-Grenade (like normal but sticks to target and by doing so deals more dmg to it)(still not proud of this idea; also could happen that the zed (FP?) moves towards the player and kills him with his own semtex :p)
As all of these ideas are not BAD suggestions in themselves, but remember that the commando is not about explosives in this game. The only one that would work in a way would be the Flashbang (Stun-nade). That one i have thought of too but i dunno, it can either be weak as crap or overpowered as the M14 (see what i did there? :D)
But i think a power like the "Battlefield Awareness" (explained through use of a radar?) suits the perk better, increasing your perk's personnal health/stealth range and sharing that vision with your mates for a short amount of time just really goes along with the whole "Scout"-role of the Commando.

Berserker:
1)I think a throwing knife would be nice doing a moderate amount of damage. (dmg should count for meele) (maybe being able to repick it but i'm not sure about that becuase of my "once-per-wave-policy")
Would be nice i guess, but the Berserking power is waaay better. It solves alot of issues for the current lackluster Berserker perk (being able to take on Fleshies and the Pat without being extremely gimp)
2)The Adrenaline/Drug thing would also be ok I think
It would be more than ok :p Even BEEEEEES, an experienced Berserker, thinks highly of this idea!

Firebug:
1)Think molotov would fit in great should burn for about 15-20secs level should amplify dmg/spray
Yeah i think they would be awesome if they burned a short time (15-20 secs sounds too long imo though. More like max 10 secs), in addition to the current effect they have (you know, the Fire Grenades). And the burn of these Molotovs should amplify the damage of the Flamethrower you say? That's what you mean? Hmmm... would be nice for the tougher targets... Worth thinking about!

Demolitions:
First: Make Pipebombs DM only (but not perkpower)
1)maybe make him able to defuse and take planted pipes again (would take him some time let's say 5/4.5/4/3.5/3/2.5sec?)(this could break my policy though^^; no I mean sharp pipes not exploded pipes^^)
I think making the Pipebombs a perkpower and then instead making him able to defuse them with the "action" button would also work i guess? Although i think experimenting more with limits etc of the pipebombs is kinda important. They should not be made useless, but not spammed across the map either. Limiting them to Demos only is a first good step towards that though, imo (I guess we can all agreed on that!)

Support:
1)Think the Ammo-package would be ok, amount of ammo provided would depend on perklevel (but still I don't really like the idea)
Well, it really goes along well with the Support theme.
2)Semtex-Grenade (like normal but sticks to target and by doing so deals more dmg to it)(still not proud of this idea; also could happen that the zed (FP?) moves towards the player and kills him with his own semtex :p)
The idea of Semtex-grenades which you have suggested both on this and on Commando are not a bad idea in itself, (actually I think it sounds like a fun new explosive toy >:] hehe) but i think it is a bit too Demolitions-ish to be given to Support/Commando. But, even though the idea is fun, does it work/go along well with Killing Floor?

Gunslinger (if implemented):
1)Make the Zed-Time thing but only for the GS... (should work because it works in Borderlands too (Siren)) If not possible drop the idea...(just think about FP/Patty->GS->SS(X-Bow)->Headshot! or things like that)
How would that work only for himself? :confused:
But yeah, i can definitely see the GS+SS combo (add in a Berserker/Commando to extend the Zed-Time as well) can be a bit too powerful... But activating Zed-Time at least sounds very nice as a perk power, and would go tremendously well along with the GS perk i think.
IF the Gunslinger is NOT implemented, this activated Zed-Time could also be the active perk-power given to Sharpies! (Either way, only if the X-bow headshot and M14 general powers are nerfed ofc)

That's all for now been thinking about this for about 2 1/2 hours^^

Greetz
Thugdil
PS:Again sorry for bad spelling etc. I'm german^^ (should really make this thing a signature! :p)
I thank you SOOOO much for being so thorough and for adding your own ideas as well! (Even though i might sound "bashing" against them, it's not me being cruel, I just try to be constructive and logical.)

PS: And your spelling etc is just fine mate! ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have read every post on this thread and it has inspired me to post some of my own ideas. Some might sound like previously posted abilities, but with a more realistic touch to try to add more realism to a game that TRIES to be realistic. :p

Medic: Meh.. The quick heal was a good idea, the rez kit should NOT be implemented, if you die, you shouldn't come back till the next wave. Lets see if I can think of something else.. The medic wraps a band around his around his arm, and injects himself with a stand-alone syringe with morphine (this will probably need a model and a new animation.) which will increase his health by 10/10/15/15/20/20/30 points, depending on the level. If his health drops below 100 at anytime, he cannot heal himself over 100, he can not heal himself back to the previous health, even if he didn't pass under 100. You can not buy more needles, you must wait for it to recharge (recharge time may go down, but at level 0, it will take at least 2 waves to recharge, if not longer.), and the needles do not stack. maybe the needle will work like the medical syringe, to let you choose to use it on yourself, or a teammate.

Or a GPS tracker you can pull out to find players (the screen would be black, and would have several glowing green dots representing where the players are, including names). This wouldn't run on batteries, because the medic should have had one of these in the first place to find injured players who have strayed from the group.

Support specialist: I support the ammo-carrying ability, he should only be able to carry 3 maximum at level 6 though, any more than that, and it would be ridiculous. Lets see what else we can do..

Barricade ability. The support specialist boards up the doors, reinforcing them up to 150%/155%/160%/165%/170%/175%/180% depending on the level. Doors can only be reinforced if they have 100% integrity, you can not undo the barricade, and once the doors are destroyed, you must wait till next round when the doors reappear to weld and barricade. You can only barricade a door 1/1/1/2/2/2/3 times a wave depending on your level, you MAY NOT reinforce an already barricaded door. This will help most support players, as they often weld doors, with no intention to keep welding, they want to kill too after all, and this will give you time to take out enemies in other parts of the map before the door breaks.

Commando: this perk needs something to improve his sense of scouting enemies for his team.. what better than heat vision. I figure this would be easy to implement into the game because TheBlackCheeta used (not sure if he created) a "see through walls" feature in his Specimenation mutator. Just add a blue tint, and there you go. It would run on a battery that lasts up to 30 seconds (probably less) before you run out of power, and need to buy some new batteries at the trader.

Also, it seems a lot of people are focused on seeing more with the commando, but why focus so much on sight? Maybe he should have an ability with improved listening, so you can hear FPs or scrakes from half the map away, giving your team time to prepare. Call it a I.H.D (intensified hearing device) or Hearing Aid. :p

Berserker: As you stated, some form of berserk mode, maybe pulling out a bottle of adrenaline and placing that in the med syringe and injecting himself? Giving him a boost in movement, and attack speed and improved jump ability, and maybe increasing his overall health by a certain percent when injected, and have the health go back to where it previously was when he goes down from the injection.

Sharp: I like the idea of needing to recharge, or use batteries at the trader for these abilities, since it seems realistic. The sharpshooter should have a small monitor it equips on his weapon, the monitor places all the zeds heads in squares on the monitor, while the monitor is on, your accuracy is increased, and your recoil is lowered, head shot damage is slightly increased. This will make it easier to get headshots, since the heads will be marked on the monitor. The monitor only gives you bonuses while you are in iron sight, and the battery only lasts 7/10/13/16/19/22/25 seconds according to your perk level.

Firebug: Napalm bomb? Toss a bomb into a corridor and let it spread and keep the area lit for a few seconds. Since this flame would be widespread, it would not extremely long, and you can only have 1/1/1/2/2/2/3 napalm bombs depending on your perk level.

Demolitions: C4 remote demolition. This would take out a huge area full of zeds, but you can not change to your gun while you have C4 placed until you use the remote to arm the bomb. Since this bomb has a decent sized blast radius, you can only carry 0/0/1/1/1/2/2 C4 remote demolition units at a time depending on your level. You do not get the ability to get C4 until level 2

Gunslingers: I don't have an idea for this one, the current idea of manual activated ZED time is good enough, maybe add some ZED extensions for each level?

just a few ideas..

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Depends on the power imo. The Pipebombs for Demo and Molotovs for Firebug are examples of DEFINITELY requiring more than one. Imo, a few (like in 2-4) uses of a power, but not overly powerful as well, is the most balanced i think.
Yes and no... I'll come to that later
Mjeeh, i would prefer it to be a "spawn with + trader"-thing. If it was randomly picked up on the map, doesn't that sorta go against your own thought of only having it ONCE per wave? ;) :p
You're right... anyway was just a concept thrown in like "Let's see what becomes of it"^^
You could also make them like syringe/welder but recharging very very low
(if they cost money or not doesn't really matter because you get loads of it each wave^^)
I think it could be done but would be way to complicated^^
Hmmmm ok let me get this straight: You push a button and *woosh* you swap in to this camo suit all of a sudden? Remember: it should be ACTIVE powers aka press-to-use thingies. Although the concept of this suit is logical, it's no real ACTIVE power.
Although, I cannot deny that one of my older ideas (which i threw away quickly, as i deemed it way too powerful/abusive) was some kind of hide / weak stealth / aggro-dump device. Maybe I should put that up as another idea of the Sharpie power?
Well yeah another of my "throw in concepts" so maybe someone gets inspired by the ideas
A powerful poison shot? First of all, it doesn't make sense (not to me at least) to give to the Sharpshooter. Second, a poison takes some time to deal damage. Sharpshooters could kill faster with their rifles instead, sorta their thing to do that xD Third, ignoring the other 2 points, only ONE shot? That's way too weak. Like i said: Once per wave cannot be the general rule. The number of uses depends of the power (and level of the perk ofc)
Well as I said it's just a stopgap... and it was based on the idea the SS would get a dmg nerf with more than just ~15%
The poison thing should be a real deadly poison (there are some which can kill humans in seconds) or something genetic made up by Horzine to fight zeds on the loose (like the anti-vampire-projectile from "Blade Trinity")
which might give the idea to think about this idea as a sort of an AE-shot which let's just say deals dmg to all zeds in 10yards or things like that
Let's see what becomes of this anyway^^
As all of these ideas are not BAD suggestions in themselves, but remember that the commando is not about explosives in this game. The only one that would work in a way would be the Flashbang (Stun-nade). That one i have thought of too but i dunno, it can either be weak as crap or overpowered as the M14 (see what i did there? :D)
Jeah I totally agree maybe someone will make up something from the other ideas...
To the Stun-Nade: It could really be a great thing if it doesn't get to OP... (would probably need a lot of testing/balancing to be done)
Same for a Flashbang but this could be done like disorienting some zeds instead of slowing them
But i think a power like the "Battlefield Awareness" (explained through use of a radar?) suits the perk better, increasing your perk's personnal health/stealth range and sharing that vision with your mates for a short amount of time just really goes along with the whole "Scout"-role of the Commando.
Jeah I'm looking for things which can be logically (in KF-context xD) explained so I'm not too comfortable with this idea it might fit the Commando great but how would you explain the thing giving this sight to his mates? Would he be giving them some sort of x-ray-goggles with a 10sec battery?^^
He could also get some sort of a "warnign station" which makes sounds or things (lights etc?) if a greater specimen is within a specific area around the device (yes guys that one's from "Prototype"^^)
Would be nice i guess, but the Berserking power is waaay better. It solves alot of issues for the current lackluster Berserker perk (being able to take on Fleshies and the Pat without being extremely gimp)
It would be more than ok :p Even BEEEEEES, an experienced Berserker, thinks highly of this idea!
yeah it would also probably need a lot of balancing (like if you get movement/jump height from it that must be adjusted not to support glitches ando so on) but yeah it's a great idea
The Knife thing:
I just thought about maybe giving him a little something not too OP (not one-hitting an FP or things) but doing a moderate amount of dmg even to this enemy and thus giving the zerker an attack which is ranged but counts for his meeledmg... or alternatively make the throwing knife a new general weapon as some friend of mine suggested (like you know in "Tactical Ops" you could buy throwing knife (I think was limited to 6))
Yeah i think they would be awesome if they burned a short time (15-20 secs sounds too long imo though. More like max 10 secs), in addition to the current effect they have (you know, the Fire Grenades). And the burn of these Molotovs should amplify the damage of the Flamethrower you say? That's what you mean? Hmmm... would be nice for the tougher targets... Worth thinking about!
Well I don't know if we should keep the fire Grenades as I still don't see much use for them (if they don't get buffed^^)
About the molly: I think you misunderstood me I thought of it like having only one per round (thats why I did set time to ~15-20secs), having it profit from firedmgbonus and increasing it's aoe with the perklevel
Whereas the idea of having it amplify the dmg of FT is also nice^^
I think making the Pipebombs a perkpower and then instead making him able to defuse them with the "action" button would also work i guess? Although i think experimenting more with limits etc of the pipebombs is kinda important. They should not be made useless, but not spammed across the map either. Limiting them to Demos only is a first good step towards that though, imo (I guess we can all agreed on that!)
Yes I think we all can agree on that!^^
Well if and how the number of pipes available should be (or not be) modified should be discused later I think but I would like to know what you would say about having this ability (picking them again) should be a 1/wave or an unlimmited use (as it's limited by the number of pipes you can carry) an if unlimmited maybe a higher defusing time?
Well, it really goes along well with the Support theme.
The idea of Semtex-grenades which you have suggested both on this and on Commando are not a bad idea in itself, (actually I think it sounds like a fun new explosive toy >:] hehe) but i think it is a bit too Demolitions-ish to be given to Support/Commando. But, even though the idea is fun, does it work/go along well with Killing Floor?
Well again one of my "throw in concepts"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes and no... I'll come to that later

You're right... anyway was just a concept thrown in like "Let's see what becomes of it"^^
You could also make them like syringe/welder but recharging very very low
(if they cost money or not doesn't really matter because you get loads of it each wave^^)
I think it could be done but would be way to complicated^^
Ofc. I mean, it's just an idea. It might be a nice idea the TWI have picked up on, either as an expansion or as KF2 or whatever.

Well yeah another of my "throw in concepts" so maybe someone gets inspired by the ideas
Hehe, yeah. But, the suit... Don't you agreed that it would be silly if you suddenly swapped out an entire suit in a split second in the middle of combat?

Well as I said it's just a stopgap... and it was based on the idea the SS would get a dmg nerf with more than just ~15%
The poison thing should be a real deadly poison (there are some which can kill humans in seconds) or something genetic made up by Horzine to fight zeds on the loose (like the anti-vampire-projectile from "Blade Trinity")
which might give the idea to think about this idea as a sort of an AE-shot which let's just say deals dmg to all zeds in 10yards or things like that
Let's see what becomes of this anyway^^
As an ae-shot, it sounds better ofc, but i still don't see the connection between a poison shot and sharpshooter... sounds more like an assassin or something to me xD
Anyhow, something is rather important to mention: Sharpshooters shouldn't be nerfed to oblivion in damage. Nerfed, yes, but not less than the other perks. After all, the Sharpshooter basicly only has damage it can provide to the team. So, imo, the Sharpshooter (if played right with headshots) should be the highest damaging perk in the game, but not as far ahead as it currently is.

Jeah I totally agree maybe someone will make up something from the other ideas...
To the Stun-Nade: It could really be a great thing if it doesn't get to OP... (would probably need a lot of testing/balancing to be done)
Same for a Flashbang but this could be done like disorienting some zeds instead of slowing them
The stun-nade could be made into something useful, yes. I'm open for the idea if it gets done right :)

Jeah I'm looking for things which can be logically (in KF-context xD) explained so I'm not too comfortable with this idea it might fit the Commando great but how would you explain the thing giving this sight to his mates? Would he be giving them some sort of x-ray-goggles with a 10sec battery?^^
Putting it like that makes the ability seem less logical... Bah! :(

He could also get some sort of a "warnign station" which makes sounds or things (lights etc?) if a greater specimen is within a specific area around the device (yes guys that one's from "Prototype"^^)
Seems too underpowered to me though. Besides, the Commando is supposed to PLAY as the eyes himself, not let some warning station do it for him :p

yeah it would also probably need a lot of balancing (like if you get movement/jump height from it that must be adjusted not to support glitches ando so on) but yeah it's a great idea
No jump bonus, just staying at max movement speed for the entire duration. I do not want stuff that can be used for glitch-thingies ofc!

The Knife thing:
I just thought about maybe giving him a little something not too OP (not one-hitting an FP or things) but doing a moderate amount of dmg even to this enemy and thus giving the zerker an attack which is ranged but counts for his meeledmg... or alternatively make the throwing knife a new general weapon as some friend of mine suggested (like you know in "Tactical Ops" you could buy throwing knife (I think was limited to 6))
Just seems to me that the Knife has some issues.
First, I don't know if it fits KF very much.
Second, the balancing of this weapon must be a complete b1tch to get right. I don't like when you have throwing weapons in games like these, cuz they tend out to be so incredibly overpowered etc. Plus, just imagine: Headshot a FP with a throwing knife... doesn't seem all to likely huh?
My honest opinion: Leave throwing knives out of this game.

Well I don't know if we should keep the fire Grenades as I still don't see much use for them (if they don't get buffed^^)
Ah wait, lemme explain:
The current Fire Grenades are gone in my suggestion. Your Grenades (thrown on the G-button) never morphs in to Fire Grenades AT ALL. As a Firebug, your Grenades always stay as GRENADES.
However, on the C-button (or wherever your perk power button is) you have molotovs instead, which basicly function like the current Fire Grenades, but with a little extra fire damage burning on the ground. And they should probably explode on impact (Explode on Impact = Molotovs, Explode after some time = Incendiary Grenades). Just remember what i posted some posts ago:
For Firebug:
Throw Grenades = G (remain as regular Grenades on all Firebug levels)
Throw Molotovs = C

About the molly: I think you misunderstood me I thought of it like having only one per round (thats why I did set time to ~15-20secs), having it profit from firedmgbonus and increasing it's aoe with the perklevel
Whereas the idea of having it amplify the dmg of FT is also nice^^
Ah, forgot about the one-per-wave-thing you wanted. Then it makes more sense with that long of a burn.

Yes I think we all can agree on that!^^
Well if and how the number of pipes available should be (or not be) modified should be discused later I think but I would like to know what you would say about having this ability (picking them again) should be a 1/wave or an unlimmited use (as it's limited by the number of pipes you can carry) an if unlimmited maybe a higher defusing time?
If the Demo is the only one that can use the Pipebombs whatsoever, i think deactivating them would be an unlimited use, BUT, with a small cooldown (and a small time required to deactivate them, just like you suggested before)

Not quite sure if this would work but there are also logical reasons because if he gets the zedtime for himself it could be explained by better reflexes or things but for teammates??(see commando-thing)
Ah no i mean, how would this work technically?
If the time is slowed down for you (and the Zeds too), then how are you gonna make your teammates NOT be affected by it?

You're welcome! (No they don't sound bashing to me^^ I know how written language can hide the true meaning of words cause you can't modify their harshness etc. by calming your voice or things (well you could type tiny letters but I think that would really make everyone out there mad!:D))
Ha! :D

Thanks... maybe then I can leave this out of my longer posts (hurray another 1/1k lines can be filled with stupid sentences like this one xD)

Greetz
Thugdil

Hehehe. Don't worry, you have a nice and perfectly understandable written english mate!
Thanks again for responding :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0