• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] Red Dead Redemption - Whos getting it?

I have the most fortunate circumstance of being off of work on Tuesday. I will be going to my closest gamestop when it opens to pick up my pre-order. I wonder if my pre-order got upgraded to the collector/special/limited/whatever edition and if I can get the RDR pack of cards that will be given free at midnight releases (anyone know if theirs got upgraded?). Can't wait for tomorrow to come, it's going to be a nonstop RDR marathon for me:D! Bah I shouldn't have waited this long to do a second Dragon Age playthrough, I've barely begun and now I probably won't get back to it for a month... oh well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let me know how the ps3 version is. I hear people are scared since all of the coverage and reviews have been of the 360 version.

I don't have a ps3 but plan on buying one in about a month then I'll play with you jabronis.

I think it's best to wait for a Eurogamer Digital Foundry test to see if PS3 version got shafted again or not. GTAIV on PS3 ran sub 720p and had many FPS problems , I really hope this one does not have them.

Upvote 0
well i completely agree with that. i was really looking forward to gta4 pc but they effed that up. but i see more hate than just that. like every game site in the comments section is oh geez gta4 is overrated and has horrible graphics etc. etc.
Well when you ad bomb mainstream gaming media sites with your game, you're probably influencing them to give you a good review. IMO they deserve all the **** they get - no game is a 10, if a game was a 10/10 aka perfect, every single person that played it would like it.

Upvote 0
I bought it earlier and have been playing it for a couple of hours. I find it to be a lot more entertaining and interesting than Grand Theft Auto IV. The environment is extremely well-crafted and the music definitely fits the theme. I'm still trying to get used to shooting while on horseback though. I've turned off auto-aim for obvious reasons, and it's pretty tough.

Upvote 0
Well when you ad bomb mainstream gaming media sites with your game, you're probably influencing them to give you a good review. IMO they deserve all the **** they get - no game is a 10, if a game was a 10/10 aka perfect, every single person that played it would like it.

You can't fault a company for publicizing its game. If that influences the review its the reviewers fault.

As far as 10/10, that does not mean every person who plays the game has to like it just like every person who has watched Citizen Kane doesn't have to like the movie. There is no doubt that GTA, RDR, and other high scoring games excel in ways that, as a collective whole of its features, leave other games far far behind. For that they deserve the accolades. Maybe not a "perfect" score, but not far off to be sure. 10/10 is less of a "perfect" score as it is a measure of how much better it is than most games. Name me other games that have the same quality of graphics, storytelling, gameplay options/freedom, and replay value that GTA or RDR has. I think you'd have a difficult time.

Upvote 0