• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Kill Crew, Good Players, Free Resources

Colonel Panic

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
I run an open community, looking for more players to help pad our servers, as there's been a downturn of KF activity lately.

I keep 3 whitelist servers with a wide selection of maps on Normal, Hard, and Suicidal, all of them with friendly fire on to encourage better teamwork and provide more challenges.

All servers are run out of Minnesota, so we have generally good latency in the whole continental U.S., though the best is in the central midwest.

Group is open to both beginners and veterans alike: I strive to find good players who are willing to help the new players learn and enjoy the game. We have a lot of players with level-6 perks across the board, and also quite a few on the opposite side of the spectrum, though we're helping people progress.

We don't require any clan tags or dedication to the group, though using our servers is a plus. A microphone and speakers are recommended.

You can find the steam group here, feel free to join for news and announcements (we do weekly events): http://steamcommunity.com/groups/KF-Crew

Or go directly to the homepage for server info, status, and links to maps, widgets, and other free resources: http://skycommand.org/killingfloor

On topic with this thread, we do monitor the servers quite closely, and have a lot of regulars who report abusive players and teamkillers to our admins on steam so they can be kicked/banned, as evidenced by this shining letter I received today, thanking me for keeping the servers free of dicks.

butthurt.png

The server rules are really quite simple though: Don't be a dick. So, you really have nothing to worry about as long as you're a nice guy and a cool player.

SkyCommand.org/KillingFloor said:
THE RULES: There's only one rule for my servers: DON'T BE A DICK. If you're unclear as to what constitutes being a dick, please consult the following generalized guidelines:

• No intentional teamkilling--you will be banned without warning.
  • If you are going rambo and are asked to stop either by an admin or a teammate, continuing to do so may result in a kick. Repeated offenses will result in a ban.
  • Repeating any behavior that resulted in a vote-kick will result in a ban
  • Any intentionally disruptive behavior will result in a kick, and with repeated offenses, a ban.
  • Listen to your teammates, play as a team, and be courteous to other players, and you won't ever have any problems. Got it? Good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The server rules are really quite simple though: Don't be a dick. So, you really have nothing to worry about as long as you're a nice guy and a cool player.

Aside from playing with other regulars on Pvt. Hudson's, I don't think I've had a real positive experience with FF yet. Seems every time I've tried, some jerk drops a grenade or something, wrecks everybody's armor, and then calls a kick vote for some poor sap. Makes me wanna claw somebody's eyes out, that.

Am I just unlucky in finding other decent FF games? How often do you have a modmin specing for garbage? And if a zed falls into a meat grinder and nobody is around to hear, does it make a sound? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Aside from playing with other regulars on Pvt. Hudson's, I don't think I've had a real positive experience with FF yet. Seems every time I've tried, some jerk drops a grenade or something, wrecks everybody's armor, and then calls a kick vote for some poor sap. Makes me wanna claw somebody's eyes out, that.

Am I just unlucky in finding other decent FF games? How often do you have a modmin specing for garbage? And if a zed falls into a meat grinder and nobody is around to hear, does it make a sound? :rolleyes:

I think maybe once every week or two we have someone intentionally teamkilling to be a dick. It's generally reported by a regular on steam in a timely enough matter for an admin to log in, confirm it, and then ban the offending players. We really don't see too much of it, and I've only heard of the vote kick system being abused on my servers once... and it just happened to be an admin that they tried to kick.

I generally monitor my servers for activity and drop in on the chat console to see how things are going if I'm around, then I can log in and take it from there if there's trouble. Usually though it's the regulars who play on my servers that have me or the other admins in their steam friends, and report abusive players. Someone is usually around to hop on when called upon, rather than just speccing occasionally for the hell of it.

Upvote 0
Apart from the fact your server would have terrible latency, i would frequent it.

Sadly all American servers suffer from acute latency-itis. :(

I have a couple UK players that hop on now and then, I think the pings I usually see are around 180-200, which isn't too terrible, though certainly not stellar either. I've been pleasantly surprised by how well these servers have performed so far.

Upvote 0
trouble concerning your hard server

trouble concerning your hard server

Colonel Panic,

I just joined your server (8:06 EST). Only to be greeted from players with hateful messages such as "Get the F*** out of here kyle!" or "D-bag", etc (pardon the censoring, i dont want to get in trouble here.) As soon as the round started 2 kick votes were initiated against me for no reason.

The only name I can remember is Millz, If you look at the chat logs (or the kick/ban log) though, they all (either 2 or 3 of them) were using hateful excessive language against me for no reason and then kick voted me.

I hate to be a pain, but I'm also wondering if they did this to any other players as well.

Sincerely,
Kyle
(P.S. I hate people who do this, they all sounded like children.)

Upvote 0
Colonel Panic,

I just joined your server (8:06 EST). Only to be greeted from players with hateful messages such as "Get the F*** out of here kyle!" or "D-bag", etc (pardon the censoring, i dont want to get in trouble here.) As soon as the round started 2 kick votes were initiated against me for no reason.

The only name I can remember is Millz, If you look at the chat logs (or the kick/ban log) though, they all (either 2 or 3 of them) were using hateful excessive language against me for no reason and then kick voted me.

I hate to be a pain, but I'm also wondering if they did this to any other players as well.

Sincerely,
Kyle
(P.S. I hate people who do this, they all sounded like children.)

I haven't seen anything like that lately. Unfortunately, the KF dedicated server doesn't come with the ability to log the chat like that, and bans cannot be added manually--they have to be issued while the offending player is online. Check our steam group--anyone who is group admin is also server admin. Feel free to add us as friends, and if something like that happens again, alert an online admin (there's usually at least one admin on line at any given time due to different timezones, though I personally will show up as online all the time even when I'm not, so if I don't reply, poke someone else)

If we catch that kind of behavior while watching the servers (which I usually do when I'm around) or get a complaint, we'll log in as spectators and issue kicks/bans to the offending players.

Upvote 0