• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design KF-Cove screenshots

Rops

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 11, 2009
Estimated time to complete this would be beta in 1 week, final in 2-3 weeks.

This is my second map and these are original models.

The open layout is going to change and the map difficulty tailored.

Specifically I plan to use Fel's idea spawning extra specimens every wave.

covemain.jpg

cove12.jpg
cove17.jpg

coveblueprintscreen.jpg

cove15.jpg
cove6.jpg
cove7.jpg
cove9.jpg

Last edited:
Yes Dextronaut I am adding more features to the beach including reimplementing my old sandy static mesh. Previously there were collision issues however this appears to be due to the way certain meshes were colliding(my design methods involve a lot of touching meshes). With the extra specimens the large open areas could balance.

sculpt.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok so if you have more that 1 trader, have each trader use a counter

then those counters, all their events, g2 the main counter, this counter will control the custom spawns.

If you are confused look at my map KF-TheWaterway I had to think of a way for several traders to control 1 counter for the custom spawns.

I wouldn't copy and paste the triggers in TheWaterway cause they are kinda too hard, :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm stuck at the moment as I understand the AIscripts and what they do, however I cannot see where the event 1,event 2 and so on, actually are. Is there some main script in other words where is the event1,event2?

I see a trigger however this is for the sky and doesnt seem to be relevant.

What I do see is that perhaps you have written extra script into the triggers themselves when I look at the code, and this starts a counter loop.

What I want is to have specific zombies spawning to specific waves so it increases the difficulty as per the normal game, I dont want all the same scripts happening each wave however first things first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i have 1 trigger that is only active during its designated wave

lets say.... wave 2 (for ex)

so this trigger will have

WaitForTimer = 25 secs

TriggerEvent = siren

WaitForTimer = 45 secs

TriggerEvent = Siren

TriggerEvent = Scrake

WaitForTimer = 35 sec

So, (on deathpit for example) I have 4 scripted triggers for the sirens. it goes like this.

WaitForEvent = siren

ACTION_SpawnActor = ZombieSiren

GotoAction = 0

So when Siren is triggered (Top trigger) The bottom trigger will activate and spawn 1 siren (Per trigger........... so in deathpit it would be 4 sirens)

Hope this help :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the level is entirely mesh apart from one or two BSP floors.

Now it is terrain as mesh can be fallen through although some modern engines use entirely mesh

Heres the new beach which I am very pleased with, the town is due to get a terrain rehaul next as I like the idea of height variations in terms of aiming and the aesthetics this gives to the specimens as they come toward you.

Yesterday I added breakable walls however I have not yet found how to remove the indicator which tells you what the strength of the wall is as it is a door.

beach-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0