• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

One thing that pisses me off about RO...

danjama

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2006
The LDN, UK
Nobody ever wants to team up in a tank!! Ever. I always ask when there's tanks, either if anybody needs a crew member, or if anybody would like to join. No responses. Brilliant.

A tank is 100% more effective with a gunner and driver working together. What's up with people being so selfish?

On that note, would anybody on BST like to crew up?

Why do you think that?

When RO first came out, I joined with a random public server player (I am and was one then) and we owned. We seemed to have a method of telepathy, knowing when to stop, when to turn etc. It just worked. We thought the same way. We played together for a few months, but he disappeared. Haven't been able to find that level of co-operation since.

I'm not in a clan and don't have the time to be in one, so what's a fella to do.

Upvote 0
The problem is that you can easily control a tank by switching positions with button X. I hope it's done slower in HOS so people would notice the need for a crewman.

Yes you can switch positions easily, but it takes ages to drive in to a firing position, switch, and then aim for the target, especially if the target has already spotted you, and if your turret is slow. Hence, you would be 3 steps ahead if you had a dedicated commander and driver in unison.

I guess i'll keep hitting the same servers, waiting for a response.

Upvote 0
I know what you mean. The number of people that are able to team tank well these days seems to have become thin on the ground.

The fact that most of the regularly populated servers don't run Krivorog or Black day July these days might have something to do with it. Getting one shot by an LS2 no matter what angle you put the tank in probably stops a lot of people learning how to drive a tank well.

Upvote 0
One, two or three crewmen, it matters not if you come up against the IS2! :p

Anyways, while that random telepathy pub session where you are doing a great job with someone you've never even met can happen, it usually doesn't, as you've surely noticed. :)
Best bet is to get a buddy or clanmate as Craig said and either use Vent, TS or if neither are available, the ingame voice channel. Not sure whether the local channel bug thing has been fixed, so if your mate can't hear you while talking on it, just use the team channel. But do so sparingly if there are other teammates attempting the same thing as chatter will only hinder communication.

Upvote 0
There's a reason why I tend to play with atleast someone I know + voice comm ;)

I wouldn't mind playing with some random person on public server if they were willing to team up in a tank, but ingame voice commands are insufficient and my microphone is a real diva about does it work with a game or voicecomm or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Keep trying. I prefer to crew, but finding someone whos is willing is difficult. I don't mind driving, I don't mind gunning. But I do mind a driver who doesn't stop or go when i'm the TC.

oh yes...teamtanking can be fun, but if the driver doesn't stop when you're trying to take a shot that anoys me alot

in order to sucsessfull team tank... you have to atleast communicate with eachother or it will become fail tank fast:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tanks need voice comms and planning.

I oftern team tank with blacklabel in clan matches (BDJ) and are on commns. "Craig dont shoot at that tank we are sneaking behind it" "FIRE ZE GUNZ" etc.

< 3

or the beloved..."WE ARE ****ED" !!!! :D and the times teamtanking works can be some of the best experiences the game has to offer appart from well organized infantry pushes...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hackel
Upvote 0
This can only work if you team up with some clanmate of yours, a friend or someone you've agreed to work together, but not with a random pub ROPlayer.

ERRR Wrong!

it can work with random pubbers. When RO came out people (not many but enough) were addint TT to their gamer tag to stand for team tanker, even if they dident have that tag some people would still work with you. The trick really is to find the ones who want to work together, or try and forcibly make people work with you ( ie get in their tank and say you shoot il drive ).

Upvote 0