• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sega has a new DRM strategy... It seems reasonable!

This sounds even better than the good ol' days of cd-check + cd-key because it gets rid of the cd-check in exchange for relaxed, non-bothering installation restrictions.
And they even get rid of those after a while so no one can complain about wanting to still play the game in 25 years after 2000 hardware upgrades.

There we go!

I never pirated a game because of DRM issues because I don't believe in the argument that pirates get the better product. Nothing stops you from cracking your legally purchased game if you really can't stand the DRM. You want to tell me you download a mod if you don't like the color of the crosshairs but you don't think of downloading a crack if you don't like the DRM? Same thing to me. Sure, the latter is illegal, but it's a victimless crime if you bought the game so who cares?
And if you don't want to support the devs out of principle, buy a second hand copy!

I generally remove the CD-check of every PC game I own. With this new DRM I don't even have to do that.:)

I hope it works out for them.

Upvote 0