• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Release date

Maybe people are confusing a "delay" with a decision to put more development time into the game. I recall Ramm (or somebody in TW) mentioned the commercial success of Killing Floor allowed them to take their time on ROHOS, which should result in a better game.

Good things come to those who wait, right?

Whoa whoa whoa. There's no room for calm heads to prevail here. :confused: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I want it NOW!

And dont dare to tell me that i wont get it now,
even that i dont got a good enough pc to run it yet. :D

And i also DEMAND that if it isnt ready yet, TWI boys need
to start working 24/7 that i can get it NOW!

Anyways the longer it takes to develope HOS, the sooner
you will get som mod action after relase.

Upvote 0
Usually when something is deleted from the forums, they get it the first time not to re post it.....

usually when something is deleted without notice or reason, people question the reason behind why it was deleted, hence major day reposting the lost info in this thread. if the content was so "off topic" for that thread (which it wasn't) then it should have been moved and a new topic created. it's not like it was inappropriate content that deserved being completely deleted.

it's just sad to see the same general response used to avoid the simple question many people would like to have an answer too. given everything that's come up recently plus the constant refusal to confirm or deny a 2010 release (by now you've got to know whether or not you're going to make a december 2010 deadline), it looks like it's gonna be a 2011 release. oh well, perhaps a public beta will happen some time this year. at least we could hope for that to be announced "when it's ready" :cool:

Upvote 0
Ahem, as I pour some gasoline, please allow me to be the first of many to declare that HOS is already dead due to limited players, lack of servers, 24/7 servers and etc. and etc. and etc.

Now just let me drop this match...Flame on!
I already stated it earlier, RO:HOS is teh dead. Nothing to see here folks, move along. The server lists are totally empty ... actually it's so dead that no one is even hosting RO:HOS servers! All we have is non-existent AI to not work with.

Upvote 0
Dealying is cool. Its not like game engines wont be even more advanced in a years time.

Well in a way UE3 still gets updated regularly, recently god rays were added for instance. But yeah the engine is not the hottest anymore. But with most games being console ports there is kind of a lull in graphical advancement somewhat.

Upvote 0
Well, the graphics will beat the current console port games so...

Im pretty sure my mp3 player has better graphics than a console.

I dont mean graphics as in "oh how shiney and realistic" i mean the move towards destoyable enviroments.

I know HoS will address bullet pen in some way but I hope it doesnt seem antiquated to the general public.

Guys like us, on dev forums, know gameplay counts, but we also need a high player count to start with to keep a community alive.

(in my head voice i make sence to myself!)

Upvote 0