• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New WIP Weapon: XM8 Assault Rifle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoYoBatty

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
Weapon: XM8
Custom Animations: Yes
Custom Model: Yes
Custom Textures: Yes
Custom Script/Coding: Yes

I did not make the model, animations, or textures, I simply download them from a now deleted thread in 3D and Animations section. I am currently balancing the weapon and getting it to work properly. Any suggestions wud be appreciated.

Yes it was the same one except he was right that he didn't steal it from another game. Plus I tried different textures for the sleeves and turns out those are TWI's hands and arm he used, but I doubt he used custom meshes and texs. Oh and u no wat I also noticed? Content from the 1008 level-up patch was used in it way b4 it was released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes it was the same one except he was right that he didn't steal it from another game. Plus I tried different textures for the sleeves and turns out those are TWI's hands and arm he used, but I doubt he used custom meshes and texs. Oh and u no wat I also noticed? Content from the 1008 level-up patch was used in it way b4 it was released.
it u make it for the ak47 that be nice

Upvote 0
it u make it for the ak47 that be nice

Screw that, the game has a limited number of weapons still, this should be made as a whole new weapon, much like Jack Carver's Mk23.

I liked your idea of the p90 YoYo, but the animations were horrible, the gun was too big.. and it was just one big problem. I like the idea of having a perfected p90 in the game though.. Just don't make the Xm8 the same fail.

When people start posting their own guns (balanced as well), TWI should start taking interest on monthly checkups to see which guns can be whitelisted. I wanna see these guns perk-friendly and not require a mutator.

Upvote 0
This is not a fail, trust me. The animations are incredible and smooth, the iron sights work very nicely, and the gun itself has a nice powerful feel to it. The only problem I found was the animations playing in game; I fire or press the reload key and the animations don't play and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. But other than that, its very nice.

Upvote 0
if it's model exported (whatever way) from ARMA 1/2 then i must inform You that content is not allowed to be used outside these titles w/o prior written permission from Bohemia Interactive

I didn't make the mesh or any part of it. I just found it laying around in my animations folder and decided to make an awesome new weapon out of it. And its not from ARMA 1/2 I even asked the original maker of this.

Upvote 0
I went to the ARMA 2 site and went to assault rifles and none of them look like the XM8 I'm using.

ARMA 2 XM8's:

arma2weapons_XM8-XM320.jpg

arma2weapons_XM8COMP.jpg

My XM8:

attachment.php

My XM8 has a much longer barrel than the other one, there is no sticker thingy on the scope, doesn't have a grenade launcher like in the the first one or is the compact version like the second one, the stock is quite different, the grip and area around it is some-what different, and lastly the magazine doesn't have those wholes. If that doesn't satisfy you then I don't know what else will. BTW the first 2 pics are all the pics of the XM8 from ARMA 2 and the lens of the scope on my XM8 is a shiny dark blue. IF this is a copy from ARMA 2 then I guess I'll just cancel the weapon and not release it. I don't mind if I wasted 4 hours of coding on a stolen gun from another game that I didn't know about.

Attachments

• XM8.jpg
    XM8.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
...exactly same argument like in previous thread by previous poster ...
hell i would say the shot is same too (same pic style and miserable quality to properly compare ...) ...
coincidence ?

answer will be same:
ARMA 2 official website shows only some of the weapons and theirs variants
the weapon in question is variant XM-8 Sharpshooter ... (which has no sticker on scope in ARMA 2 btw.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
why don't you think of implementing something like a sterling smg?
no-one will accuse you of ripping off work because i can only think of 1 shooter it's ever been in.
It's orgional- which incidently is why it would be a good choice for KF

the XM8 that yoyobatty posted was made by the ARMA guys (its a ultra buggy realistic war simulation game). meaning that yoyo didnt have to create the model - the model was already made. so its not the fact that the XM8 has been in other games, its the fact that THIS XM8 is from ARMA.

Upvote 0
the XM8 that yoyobatty posted was made by the ARMA guys (its a ultra buggy realistic war simulation game). meaning that yoyo didnt have to create the model - the model was already made.

oh yeah, i understand that's your objection..

.......the XM8 has been in other games....

this is mine

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.