• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The ArmA 2 thread (hurr hurr, no Armed Assault 2)

We at TDNL use Yoma as well, and we have it fixed in such a way that only one guy has to download the mod through Sixupdater, after which he will upload the different files to our Yoma packs.
That way the rest of us can get any ACE updates through that, instead of all having to mess around with Sixupdater.
And besides that we dont update it as often as ACE mod does, we are running several versions behind right now, because we are sick and tired of updating and mismatching every other day or so.

Upvote 0
I read that the performance issues should be fixed in Operation Arrowhead.

Nope. From Eurogamer preview:

Such focus should be also dedicated towards the HW requirements. With Core i5 750, Radeon 4890, 4 GB of RAM and Windows 7 64-bit I was struggling to get past 30-40 frames per second at medium details and parts where my frame rate could be counted on the fingers of one hand weren't that uncommon either. The HW requirements could obviously change in the several months left before release though.

But of course it never changes.

Upvote 0
yeah!! it's arrived - but i'm off to work soon so i'll have to leave till tomorrow.

so i'll still need the sixupdater to install ACE, or can i use Yoma from the get-go?

i been a member of 6th since the vietcong days so i'll get check out what they're doing - i think they used to run thier own custom arma1 mods.

I wanna get straight into the mods and custom coop on arma 2, i kinda missed arma1 in it's breif heyday as my pc wasn't up to it, and only played the evo coop on public.

Upvote 0
As always when I hear about ArmA updates: sounds great, maybe even fantastic.

Except for what will undoubtedly be a resource-heavy and buggy dynamic terrain generation system.

Agreed.

And my annoyance that they are redoing the work of the most popular modders for their own profit.
They're not a nonprofit and it was a logical and overdue next step to move to Afghanistan.

Upvote 0
You can also put First Aid and Battle Field Clearence Revive Modules into "most popular".
I like the way BIS make the most of what is user-made material.

No modders have complained as far as I'm aware.

Has not the terrain generator been revamped somewhat. Or am I mixing up my BIS games that are to be released in the future.

The latest beta is pretty stable 4me btw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Except for what will undoubtedly be a resource-heavy and buggy dynamic terrain generation system. And my annoyance that they are redoing the work of the most popular modders for their own profit.

you already have infinite terrain in ARMA 2 working fine
so where is that buggy part ?

also the A2:OA planning development phase started before ARMA 2 was released ...

Upvote 0
God this game is such an utter piece of crap in SP. For some reason I wanted to play it again and I restarted Manhatten and ONCE AGAIN NOTHING WORKS. I try to catch the damn langushin whore, I'm at the right spot @Krasn...... at the right time, even her car is parked in front of the church, but she simply isn't there and you can not enter the church :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Upvote 0